PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Reporter Questions/Comments

RacersEdge
09-04-2005, 03:32 PM
These clowns are ridiculous.

Reporter: (to girl in hospital for back surgery where she was moved up 6 flights of stairs to the helicopter on the roof in a stretcher only to have the helicopter shot at) "How scared were you"

Girl: "Very"

Reporter: (accusingly) "Are you saying the military needs to borrow CIVILIAN airplanes to move these people??"

Military Guy: "Uhh, the military planes are made for cargo, not people"

Just saw this on CNN:

"I don't believe it, there's another hurricane brewing in the Atlantic"

I'm sure I missed a lot too.

benfranklin
09-04-2005, 03:50 PM
General stupid, mindless question in every disater: "Well, Mr. Jones, you just lost your wife, your children, and your home. How do you feel?"

All-time best response to a stupid question:

Reporter: Why are we dropping cluster bombs on the Taliban?

Don Rumsfeld: Because we are trying to kill them.

scotty34
09-04-2005, 03:57 PM
I remember watching Larry King during the whole missing girl in Aruba fiasco. He had the girl's father on the line, and he was asking some of the most ridiculous, insensitive questions. Along the lines of "it's been over a week now, are you starting to lose hope that your daughter is alive?" His tone clearly indicated that the father should be giving up hope at this point.

MrTrik
09-04-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a classic. Thanks for a laugh.

Matt Williams
09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember watching Larry King during the whole missing girl in Aruba fiasco. He had the girl's father on the line, and he was asking some of the most ridiculous, insensitive questions. Along the lines of "it's been over a week now, are you starting to lose hope that your daughter is alive?" His tone clearly indicated that the father should be giving up hope at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry King is definately the worst. How he got a show, I'll never know. He must have sucked someone off. I've seen him ask questions like "Were you glad to escape the fire?" or "Do you think you'll remember this for the rest of your life?"

youtalkfunny
09-04-2005, 05:55 PM
When I booked sports in Vegas, I did a lot of tv/radio/newspaper interviews just before the Superbowl and March Madness.

They were all bad, but tv guys were the worst. "So, do a lot of people bet on the Superbowl?" But what else CAN they ask? No one is interested in my life story. They just want an overview.

I remember one radio interview I did. I'm on the phone, ready for the first softball to be lobbed, and the guy hit me with, "Why do people gamble?". Damn, I'm a bookie, not a psych major. The rest of the interview was just as tough. We never did get around to, "Who do you like in the big game?"

Props to that guy, for thought-provocing questions.

OtisTheMarsupial
09-04-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Larry King is definately the worst. How he got a show, I'll never know. He must have sucked someone off. I've seen him ask questions like "Were you glad to escape the fire?" or "Do you think you'll remember this for the rest of your life?"

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but did you hear Richard Simmons last night on Larry King? He said, "New Orleans is the Venice, Italy, of the... world."
Hahahaha! No, dude, Venice is the Venice of the world. NOLA is the Venice is America.
Richard Simmons is from NOLA, BTW.

Lazymeatball
09-04-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a classic. Thanks for a laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were some of the best press conferences ever, back when everyone liked the war on terrorism.