PDA

View Full Version : Flush Draw Flop

rsq
09-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I run into this often, and am not sure if I play this correctly.

Say you have a big hand, AA, KK, or flopped a set off a small pair.

Then the flop comes with 2 cards to a flush.

What approached have worked best to play the hand out? In the long run, is it always just better to slow play it and extract as much as possible, or better to protect the hand and see if others come along?

How do you play it at different situations during a tournament?

Thank you

benneh
09-04-2005, 02:49 PM
depends on the number of people in the pot. i think harrington recommends a lot more slowplaying in the late stages of a tourney because people are less likely to be playing certain suited hands, especially heads up, and theyll be more willing to put their chips at risk with mediocre hands. i like doing that too, because if anyone bets at the pot, you're going to immediately take it down after you raise, or you're going to get all of their money.

in the early stages, my flopped sets will most likely be in multiway pots because ill be limping in LP with somethin like 55. you can't slowplay these really unless its a non-descript uncoordinated flop. along with people playin premium hands, they're playin stuff like k3s hopin to bust someone for cheap, so you gotta get them out early or at least get them drawing to bad odds.