PDA

View Full Version : Bodog Stud & Other site Stud 8

Wolffink
09-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Where do you play Stud Eight?

I love Bodog--but they often don't have a table running of Stud Eight. But when they run it's often excellent-the lobby showed 73% of people taking 4th street when I started the $3/$6 game today. What I like about Bodog, is that their bottomless bonus works out very well if you play a stud type of game since the ante counts as contributions to the pot. If you play stud, it might be the best bonus out there. Unfortunately, they don't have the player base for Stud Eight to have games there all the time. So if you don't mind checking the Lobby frequently, you might give Bodog a shot.

Absolute is very good, especially for beginners, since their .50/$1 Stud Eight game is only .02 ante (compared to Party's .25!). So you can play tight and right.

Party has good traffic. The $2/$4 has the same .25 ante as their .50/$1 game. Their low limit games often have a ton of people taking 4th street, but perhaps with such a high ante it's not such a terrible mistake.

Paradise has no ante--just the bring-in so the game seems rather tight even at .50/$1.

I wish the Crypto sites had Stud Eight. However their Stud High games ($1/$2) can be quite loose. Prima sites don't have Stud Eight either. I've thought about writing them and asking them to get it, but I reckon their next software incarnation it would be natural to include Stud Eight.

I like to BW so I've just checked out Pacific and others. It's hard for me to be motivated to do non-bonus sites unless they're loose as hell when I can get bonuses at other sites (Absolute always has bonuses it seems and they're good).

I havent played stud eight at full tilt or UB or Noble or know if they're offered there.

mshalen
09-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Bodog has great games (but limited numbers of tables) at stud and omaha. Players are very loose and play anything. The last two weeks I have noticed that the number of players/tables at Bodog have dropped significantly. Unsure why.

The .25/.50 stud 8 game at UB has a .10 ante. But again very few tables. I have only been playing there for two weeks but already I usually have notes on 5 of the other players at the table. Which suits me well since I am just learning to play. The ante at Party lower levels is TOO high.