PDA

View Full Version : ak on bubble fold?

DMACM
09-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t425)
UTG (t3510)
Hero (t890)
SB (t3175)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">[i]hero folds

1C5
09-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Tough one, depends on your reads.

Just know that even if you fold this, you are no way gauranteed to make top 3.

wiggs73
09-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I'd push it, but with a slightly larger stack I think it's a fold (or if the short stack is slightly smaller). As things stand, if shorty manages to double up once, it's going to put you in a real bind. I'd take my chances here.

ldavidjm
09-04-2005, 02:23 PM
BB is short but he isn't that short. And if he doubles you're in pretty bad shape. I'd take my chances and push here.

09-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Hmm.. for me this is an easy push. Is that wrong? When would you NOT push this?

pokerlaw
09-04-2005, 02:59 PM
i would play this, but I would call b/c a push makes it too easy for SB to fold and let me gambol against the big stack.

wiggs73
09-04-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would play this, but I would call b/c a push makes it too easy for SB to fold and let me gambol against the big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling for 300 with a hand that needs improvement when your stack is 890 is AWFUL. Calling is the one way that I would not play this hand.

pokerlaw
09-04-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling for 300 with a hand that needs improvement when your stack is 890 is AWFUL. Calling is the one way that I would not play this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

its the bubble and look at the shortstack. I dont see hero having much/if any FE by pushing. If UTG was tight/popping MRes a lot, a push is better I feel, but generally i call here.

wiggs73
09-05-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its the bubble and look at the shortstack. I dont see hero having much/if any FE by pushing. If UTG was tight/popping MRes a lot, a push is better I feel, but generally i call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound as if you're in great shape over the shortstack if you call and then check-fold the flop.

Also, I'm not worried about FE really. I know he doesn't have any by pushing. I'm not pushing because I think I have FE, I'm pushing because I likely have the best hand or am a very small dog, don't have a great shot at making the money by folding it, and want to see all 5 cards.

I still fail to see any merit in calling to see a flop. You're going to miss 2/3 of the time and be in a tough spot when you do.

raptor517
09-05-2005, 06:44 PM
im shoving it. idiot big stack still might fold for 590 more, ya never know. didnt say what limit this is, but im assuming its a 22 or so. yea, i shove. shove shove shove. bb could double and yer screwed, gotta seize this opportunity. holla