PDA

View Full Version : another simple preflop question

arkady
09-04-2005, 01:16 PM
blinds 10/15 (2nd orbit)

5 limpers to you, you are in the BB with TT. You raise to 100, planning to call an all in from SB who is short stacked.

good/bad/standard?

cha59
09-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Based on the limited information given, this line sounds ok to me.

betgo
09-04-2005, 02:19 PM
OK, but you could also just check. With this many players and deep money, you have a very favorable situation to play mainly for a set.

The raise is OK too, although you may build a big pot out of position. Unless someone is trapping you have the best hand. You can get your money in on a low flop.

09-04-2005, 02:24 PM
You must put in a big raise.. with 5 limpers not everyone has a good hand and calling shows weakness.. the last 3 limpers are probably just going in with garbage but tempted by the pot odds, and nobody would really slow play a monster in early position unless they're really dumb.. I would put in about a 200 raise.. checking imo is the worst thing you can do because 10's against 5 people is a very weak holding unless you flop a set (which is unlikely)

betgo
09-04-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would put in about a 200 raise

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a pretty big overbet. 100 by the OP seems more reasonable.

[ QUOTE ]
nobody would really slow play a monster in early position unless they're really dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that dumb if someone would raise to 200 with TT?

[ QUOTE ]
checking imo is the worst thing you can do because 10's against 5 people is a very weak holding unless you flop a set (which is unlikely)

[/ QUOTE ]

6-handed, it seems like you are getting odds to flop a set. The money is deep. This early, you may get a lot of action if you hit. If someone is playing for a limpraise, you are in much better shape checking. Checking is clearly EV+. Maybe raising is more EV+.