PDA

View Full Version : Got semi-nut flush, but going for overcalls or raise?

netsurfer79
09-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Here's a dreamscenario but what should you do to maximize the profit? Relatively early in the session, so I don't have any reads on anybody. But the cold-calling frequency should indicate some pretty loose players.

Pacific Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ??

Should I go for overcalls here, or raising with the risk of blowing the rest of the field away? (I realize I could be losing to the straight flush here, but that's such a longshot, I really don't give a damn...)

Rev. Good Will
09-04-2005, 12:42 PM
fearing a SF right there could be the most weak/tight thing I've ever heard.

The fool probably has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I suck in these go for overcalls or raising scenarios, but I say raise/cap a 3bet

RiverTheNuts
09-04-2005, 01:04 PM
No PFR'er is ever gonna raise this with that many people behind him to act without the ace, everyone knows this, so you shouldnt raise this even with the ace, call like you're too bad to fold your QQ here and hope someone behind you raises the king, if most fold, which they probably will, then you can pop the BB on the river

09-04-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No PFR'er is ever gonna raise this with that many people behind him to act without the ace, everyone knows this, so you shouldnt raise this even with the ace, call like you're too bad to fold your QQ here and hope someone behind you raises the king, if most fold, which they probably will, then you can pop the BB on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this one. Give those lower flushes hope that they still have the best hand and hit them with the raise on the river.

Paxosmotic
09-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Not raising this is an exercise in leaving money on the table, and don't say I didn't warn you when you call the turn then raise the river and watch every single person left in the hand fold since everyone at the table will know what you have. Raise and reraise for value. Anyone with the K J T or even 9 of /images/graemlins/spade.gif is going nowhere, no matter how many cards can beat them.