PDA

View Full Version : Big pot, big fold.

haakee
04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
6-12 game at Artichoke Joe's. I'm UTG. UTG+1 appears to be pretty decent, LMP is a 2+2'er (bad beetz). MP, CO, and SB are all VERY loose and terrible. Others are kinda loose and pretty predictable. I get red pocket kings and open for a raise. Terrible MP 3-bets. CO calls, button calls, SB calls. I 4-bet. Terrible MP 5-bets (cap). Everyone else calls. 5 see the flop for 24.3 small bets (after rake and jackpot drop). Flop is A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif x /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . SB bets. He could have anything, he's on mega-tilt. I muck instantly getting 25:1. bad beetz looks at me funny (of course he knew exactly what I had).

Anybody stay in with this hand here?

lil'
04-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Think of it this way, the flop made it easy for you to do the right thing.

I don't understand how someone can call 3 bets cold. I just don't.

bernie
04-21-2003, 05:46 PM
not as bad as it may look. someone could easily raise behind you here. then your odds are cut, and your effective odds are blown. with that many players seeing the flop, id be suprised if you were still in the lead here...

b

Louie Landale
04-21-2003, 07:25 PM
You are almost certainly beat, probably only have 1 out, you are sandwhiched and are very likely to get raised or reraised, and even if you DO have the best hand OR snag your miracle Kc, there is certainly someone drawing good to beat you. This would be a pretty tough call if it was bet and 3 calls, and you could call closing the action.

Pots don't get that big. Easy fold.

- Louie

haakee
04-22-2003, 01:33 AM
Tilty guy bet, I mucked, others called. Turn was K /forums/images/icons/club.gif (A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif x /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ). My dream card? I don't remember the action, but the river was another /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Tilty bet and the terrible cutoff called. Tilty had J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Cutoff had Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif !??? Third nut flush was good.

I didn't think twice about mucking on the flop but later bad beetz brought up the hand and wondered whether I should have called on the flop. He seems to be overly fascinated by large pots.

lil' -- I stopped trying to get inside the heads of these terrible players. It hurts my feeble brain to think about what their strategy could possibly be when they call 3 bets cold preflop with crap. Or, as I watched some guy do in a 3-6 game yesterday, go five bets (although it did put him all-in) on an A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif flop with 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Louie Landale
04-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Its a lot easier to figure out what they are thinking when you accept that their thinking is "valid", no matter how irrational or detrimental it is. Only the most insane people don't have reasons for doing what they do.

But, generally, you are correct that there are much better things to focus on than what the live guy has this time when he calls: its usually somewhere between no-pair-no-draw and a set; usually closer to the former.

- Louie