PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 hand overplayed?

Milus
04-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Loose 10/20 game. There is usally 4-7 players taking the flop for 2 bets.

UTG limps, UTG+2 raises, I have QJh and call from middle position, Button calls, and both blinds call. 6 players see the flop: 10-9-3 rainbow with no hearts. Blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+2 raises, and I three bet. Only UTG and UTG+2 call. Turn is a small blank. Checked to me and I bet; they both call. River is a Q. Checked to me and I bet and they both call.

UTG has QJ, UTG+2 has AA.

Comments are appreciated.
Milus

astroglide
04-21-2003, 02:14 PM
sounds way overplayed. with only 2 opponents you're losing money betting a draw, and you're probably looking at at least ace high (which beats you) or a pair (which beats you).

Milus
04-21-2003, 02:51 PM
I agree that the Turn and the River bets aren't good. But what about the Flop three bet?
I have a open-ended straight draw with two over cards, the flop is rainbow, and there is a lot of money in the pot. I can knock out back door flush draws, make my pair draws cleaner and buy myself a free ticket on the turn (they gave me the free card but I insisted on paying for it /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ). I believe three betting the flop is a better play than calling two cold. I'm interested to here your opinion.

Milus

astroglide
04-21-2003, 03:25 PM
i completely disgaree with the flop 3bet. you have a much better draw than a backdoor flush and should welcome them in since you're already facing raises. there are still a button and 2 blinds behind you that could come along for the ride.

i wouldn't count on being able to make a jack or queen win the hand either, so the pair cleaning isn't awfully valuable to me.

elysium
04-21-2003, 04:24 PM
hi milus
read hfap and top.