PDA

View Full Version : big mlb play 9/4

whipsaw
09-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend, I haven't been on here because I'm travelling. But I had to post this play.

Seattle at +213(!!!) at LAA. I think this line is way, way off. Bartolo Colon has been good lately, but got roughed up earlier this season against Seattle in LA for 7 runs. Colon's career numbers against Seattle are nothing to write home about (8-8 record, etc). Jeff Harris has been a very nice surprise for Seattle, including two wins in his last two starts against NYY and @TEX. Very stellar. Colon is getting too much love against a team that has played better than his over the last 10, and Seattle wins this matchup enough to be significantly profitable.

Good luck!

scalf
09-04-2005, 01:22 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif it seems a lotta cappers feel angels -1.5 is the play...

a lotta cappers;

seattle -1.5 +350 might be worth half a fishcake or so

good thinkin'

gl

/images/graemlins/club.gif

chiachu
09-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I guess that makes it SEA and OAK my plays for today.
Works out kinda well, since i need both of these to happen for the A's playoff situation

Thanks for the pick. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DougOzzzz
09-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Just an observation, but I think you take minor league player's stats (at the major league level) too seriously (particularly ERAs). Harris' minor league track record (he's 31, btw) screams AAAA, or possibly the guy to turn to when you're losing 12-0 after 3 innings. 27 innings of a low ERA (despite poor K, BB, and HR numbers) at the major league level does not make him a good pitcher, IMO.

It's possible he was undervalued - I have no opinion on that; but +213 for a minor leaguer on a bad team on the road against a good team with their ace on the mound doesn't seem too far out of line.

whipsaw
09-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Yup, you're right, I should have said more than just "Harris rocks, bet Mariners." Gee, if only I had said something more. Thanks for trashing my pick after the game was over. The line was off 20 or 30 cents easily--I didn't say the Mariners should be favored or something. You taught me a lesson today.