PDA

View Full Version : This ALWAYS happens to me...

09-04-2005, 07:58 AM
1st hand at the table - no reads or info;

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ?

toss
09-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Call down, villain is CRing with a draw/worse hand/nothing enough times. Fold when you have a read.

09-04-2005, 08:11 AM
And if a spade comes on the turn?

toss
09-04-2005, 08:14 AM
If a spade comes on the river I still call since it'll be a worse hand enough times against an unknown. Plus you get to see his hand.

09-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Considering the title, my guess is he got two pair, either on the flop or the turn.

You just have to call this down, you got TPTK, and there are no straights or flushes on the board.

And also, some of the two pairs he could have, 68 and J8 for example, gives you a couple of outs getting a higher two pair by pairing the board (not his two cards of course). 3 outs for the aces against a two pair, sometimes the two kings also; only against a set are you drawing dead.

Anyway, you can't fold this without a read. Your true pot odds for calling this down are 5-to-1. Against an average Party Poker player, you will win more often than that.

TripleH68
09-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Don't forget that you posted and raised preflop. We would think MP3 has you on a wider range because of this. And I just would not want to raise, bet, bet/fold my first hand at the table. First impressions can be important.

09-04-2005, 10:01 AM
About the flush and straight draws he might have, I don't think they are that likely. And if he does have a draw, a fold is of course a big mistake. If the river completes a straight or a flush, you have to call; big pot, and it seems rather unlikely to me that he does have the straight/flush.

TheHip41
09-04-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And if a spade comes on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

A spade did hit the turn. I call. If I spike an Ace, I would raise.

09-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Good point.
Thanks for the input guys.

For the record he flopped 2 pair and MHWNG.

I just seem to have been getting lots of these lately and I always lose at SD. Running bad I guess.

Bodhi
09-04-2005, 07:03 PM
That's because most of our opponents always slow-play their good hands. Fold.

------------------------

Crimeny, am I the only one would said to fold this? The pot isn't that big and the texture of the flop isn't consistent with someone check-raising because of FPS.

shark6
09-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Call down.

1. You're getting 5-1 to call down.
2. You may hit a higher 2-pair or trips.
3. He may be betting a bluff or a hand that you beat.
4. He's unknown, I wouldn't fold without a solid read.

W. Deranged
09-04-2005, 07:41 PM
You have to call the turn on that board because very often the check-raise is two pair and not a set. There aren't flushes and straights to worry about either. Sometimes this is a move. Folding the turn is bad because two pairs is more than 3 times as likely as a set here just based on distributions and you have up to 8 outs against two pair. With probably 6 outs on average and 9 bets in the pot folding on the turn is out of the question.

I'm making a call on the river unimproved too, to snap off the bluffs and weird plays with KQ.