PDA

View Full Version : KQ

The Truth
09-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

ArturiusX
09-04-2005, 05:26 AM
I don't get the flop raise, given the donk bet and the draw heavyness of the board.

The Truth
09-04-2005, 09:17 AM
you like calling and folding turn unimproved, or just folding flop?

vmacosta
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Fold the flop...your outs are tainted and you'll rarely make it to showdown and win with K high. You'll also rarely, fold out BB on this draw-heavy board.

The Truth
09-04-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop...your outs are tainted and you'll rarely make it to showdown and win with K high. You'll also rarely, fold out BB on this draw-heavy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might agree with you. I like just folding here sometimes, but its just sooo weak. I think it gets down to who the bettor is.

steveyz
09-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I peel and fold the turn most of the time. Of course, you should balance that by waiting till the turn to raise with an overpair or set in this spot.

otis_nixon
09-04-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I peel and fold the turn most of the time. Of course, you should balance that by waiting till the turn to raise with an overpair or set in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nightwish
09-04-2005, 05:50 PM
This is fine. I would mix it up between this line and the one that steveyz provided.

09-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I'd like this a lot better if you had Ks or Qs. Then if you picked up a backdoor spade draw you could check the turn behind (presuming he checks to you after your flop raise) if you don't hit your K, Q or 9 giving yourself another shot at the pot. If the flush hits he'd lead out his pair on the river and you could pop him with a raise.

Klepton
09-04-2005, 06:27 PM
do not fold the flop

you will get bet 3-bet by everything after that.

next time you are up against this player with an overpair, play it the same and call his flop bet, then raise the turn on his ass.

you played this hand fine.

09-04-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might agree with you. I like just folding here sometimes, but its just sooo weak. I think it gets down to who the bettor is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your right, folding the flop would be extremely weak, but thats exactly what you should do on this board. On a 10 8 6 board, and a person betting into you, you can safely assume that youve been outflopped. And youre overs could easily be no good already so theres no reason to continue. You shouldnt even peel one off for image purposes either, save that for flops where youre more likely to have 6 outs.

1800GAMBLER
09-05-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Your right, folding the flop would be extremely weak, but thats exactly what you should do on this board. On a 10 8 6 board, and a person betting into you, you can safely assume that youve been outflopped. And youre overs could easily be no good already so theres no reason to continue. You shouldnt even peel one off for image purposes either, save that for flops where youre more likely to have 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. No reason for image plays here. You are getting yourself in an awful situation here, 5:1, needed 8:1 AT BEST, redraws against your pairs, and prob very very sight positive implied odds.

elindauer
09-05-2005, 12:27 AM
This is a pretty boring hand, a very basic part of handling heads up play. Do this sometimes, but not always. Simple.

Good luck.
Eric