PDA

View Full Version : Boo. ( FF draft related)

valenzuela
09-04-2005, 12:55 AM
So I made my draft( second FF experience, the other time I played was in 2001 , I didnt have a clue either but I somehow ended with priest holmes and he carried me to league victory.)and went on to pick my team, a drafter started to berated me by round 4.." how can u pick collins on round 1!!"( hey it was the eleventh pick overall)I googled "fanaasy football draft advice" and learned why the picking order is RB/WR/TE or QB/D or K.
So anyway this is my team( 12 team league),Ill indicate tthe number of starters next to the first player of each position.

Collins(1)
Bulger

Jamal Lewis(2)
Martin
Marshall Faulk

Bennett(2)
Rod Smith
Isaac Bruce
Brandon Lloyg

Gates(1)
Frank

Longwell(1)

Cleveland(1)
Seatlle.

Am I screwed?...should I somehow find time to make another final fantasy football draft or should I just try to make some trades. I just want to have some fun so if my team has .500 potential Im not joining anthr league, but if Im totally going to get owned that its not even going to be fun,Ill join anthr league. This is a major noob question...so please excuse me.

ucfryan
09-04-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"how can u pick collins on round 1!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

fingokra
09-04-2005, 09:12 AM
It isn't totally hopeless considering you basically wasted your first round pick but you def. need everyone to stay healthy and have good years.

SossMan
09-04-2005, 10:24 AM
wow, that's bad.

I'm pretty sure I can field a team made up from my backups that's better than yours...hang on let me check:

QB:
Vick

RB:
M. Bennett
Cadilac Williams

WR:
Stokely
Williamson

TE:
D. Clark

K:
Nugent

D:
Jets

Yup...those are my backups and they are at least as good as your starters.

MarkL444
09-04-2005, 11:52 AM
you never know man, theres a lot of luck involved really. hit the waivers early if you see potential in anyone. but as far as drafts go you did bad.

CrazyPsycho
09-04-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

QB:
Vick - New offense, no recievers

RB:
M. Bennett - Injuries
Cadilac Williams - Rookie

WR:
Stokely - Injuries
Williamson - Rookie

TE: