PDA

View Full Version : All-in on turn with straight draw. Do you like it ?

09-04-2005, 12:23 AM
3 handed.

.50/1 NL

I have $100
crazy guy has $200
short stack has about $75

1 short stack.
1 crazy guy
Me

I have 88

I'm in SB
Crazy guy in BB

Short stack raises to $3
I call
crazy raises to $5
Short stack calls
I call

Flop: 6 3 9 pot=$15
I bet out $10
crazy raises me to $20
short stack folds
I call

Turn: 7 pot=$55
I push all-in for $75
Crazy folds

I figure if he has a 9, it's a very tough call for him to make and if he does call , I have maybe 10 outs. Given how he likes to raise nearly every bet, I figured that I was most likely ahead. He raises like every single bet.

djoyce003
09-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Not real crazy about it...crazy guys tend to make bad calls. I think you fold out a gazillion more hands that you are beating than you do hands you are losing to. I'd lead for around 2/3 if I thought I was ahead....overbetting the pot is generally stupid because you are betting more than you hope to win.

09-04-2005, 12:31 AM
You'd bet $30- $35 and then what would you do on the river if an A, K, or Q hit with this guy betting like he is.

09-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Is the board rainbow? What if he has a 10-8, or worse, jack-eight and the ten hits. Those are the types of hands crazy guys will stick around with. You could be in a situation where one of the cards you want to hit may not make your hand the best. And, if he does have the nine or say a pair of tens and you don't make your straight, you gonna bet the river? You know he'll call that too. I would take the advice of the others here and make a smaller bet. I prefer betting on the come with two cards to come and not one.