PDA

View Full Version : 2nd 10 - 20 hand. Comments appreciated.

Instinct
04-21-2003, 06:21 AM
loose 10-20 game.

almost everyone has called and I have AJd in co. I call. Solid player on button raises. 8 players see the flop.

Flop Ac Jh 7h

mp player ( I've just seen this guy play for 1/2 hr, seems loose and quite aggress but don't know much. He's won a few pots! ) bets, 1 caller, I raise. Button folds, loose aggress unpredictable player in bb cold calls. 4 players.

Turn 2s

mp bets, I raise, bb cold calls. 3 players.

River 10s.

mp bets again. I raise. bb folds.

Comments appreciated. Thanks.

RichardG
04-21-2003, 07:04 AM
looks pretty by the book to me...i would have done the same.
-Rich

PokerPrince
04-21-2003, 07:18 AM
I think raising your AJs with a lot of limpers behind you would be a strong move. You have nice position with a chance to take the button, plus a great multiway holding. Same goes for a hand like KQs.

I think your flop,turn,and river raises are all great. Being as you described MP as a loose and quite aggressive player, we can break down the hands we think he holds accordingly. First off, if he held a set, you would more than likely be reraised on the flop or turn(more likely the turn). If this player held a KQ, he almost surely would have raised preflop. Not to mention, it would be hard to believe he would bet into you twice with a measly gutshot draw. I put him on two pair as well, perhaps A7 or J7s. Nicely played.

PokerPrince

astroglide
04-21-2003, 12:17 PM
i would have raised any big suited ace here preflop, but your play sounds fine.

04-21-2003, 01:35 PM
I agree with the other posters who say you should have raised preflop. I would have raised with A2d in that situation. All other play seems good too. I think MP has AT and bet out on the turn b/c he thought you were raising with a flush draw, then bet on the river when he made his two pair.

Gavin

Instinct
04-21-2003, 11:24 PM
My first post here on this forum. Thanks guys for the comments as I haven't shared too many hands with anyone but myself!!!

In loose games I tend to only raise occasionally in late position with A10s, Ajs, KQs ( and other hands ), with over 6 players, unless group is quite passive. Not really certain whether it is best to raise based on good multiway play versus making it an easy decision for everyone to chase me down with almost any draw ( including backdoor )or single pair if i hit top pair. generally I make my decision based on my feeling at the time. Am curious though as maybe I should be raising more with these hands.

I'll never raise with A2s, as I like to get in cheaply with these hands. Occasionally I will isolate with this hand.

I won the pot but a few players were surprised that I didn't have a stronger hand ( JJ ) after raising every street.