PDA

View Full Version : why the grief?

09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Tell me if any of u disagree with my play. Level 1 or 2 of a sit and go. In this stage of the sit and go i really feel no threat, i can play a bit looser, and make a few plays that may pay off. Now people say things to me like how do i make that call, or why? I just don't get it....why even bother educating me if i don't know any better for one, and next, there's a reason i'm making those plays. It's early, i'm not busting. And it puts the thought in their heads i'm a loose caller. And it helps me get calls later on in the sit and go when it does really count. Am i wrong here? And if i'm not. Why do players insist on trying to educate my play? Wouldn't they want to keep their mouths shut and capitalize on my weak play?

Seth Money
09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Best advice, turn the chat function off and play your game. Who cares how you play, I don't, unless you show me some hands and stuff. If your busy watching people talk smack to you, your time is not being well spent. Nuff said

Seth

bigt439
09-04-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me if any of u disagree with my play. Level 1 or 2 of a sit and go. In this stage of the sit and go i really feel no threat, i can play a bit looser, and make a few plays that may pay off. Now people say things to me like how do i make that call, or why? I just don't get it....why even bother educating me if i don't know any better for one, and next, there's a reason i'm making those plays. It's early, i'm not busting. And it puts the thought in their heads i'm a loose caller. And it helps me get calls later on in the sit and go when it does really count. Am i wrong here? And if i'm not. Why do players insist on trying to educate my play? Wouldn't they want to keep their mouths shut and capitalize on my weak play?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are idiots, who cares. But if you're splashing around in L1 and L2 to the point of setting up a loose image, you're probably doing something wrong.

Taraz
09-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Why are you paying attention to what anybody says in the chat box about your play?

In general, however, I think you want people FOLDING later in the tournament rather than calling.

runner4life7
09-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Just seconding that you havent read much here if you want to get called later in the game. Thats the theory of blind stealing.