PDA

View Full Version : Should I take this FF bet?

LBJ
09-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I am in a $40 league and the draft took place a couple weeks ago. A guy in the league challenged me to a $25 side bet on whose team will have a better record during the season/place higher. Here's our teams: I'll let you decide.

My team:
QB- Bulger
RB- Dominick Davis
RB- Rudi Johnson
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Anquan Boldin
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Shayne Graham
D- Carolina D
Backup QB- Aaron Brooks
Backup RB- Willie Parker/Travis Henry
Backup WR- Muhsin Mohammed/Lee Evans
Backup TE- Heath Miller

His team-

QB- Kerry Collins
RB- Willis McGahee
RB- Julius Jones
WR- Mark Clayton
WR- Steve Smith
TE- Eric Johnson
D- Redskins D
K- Mike Vanderjact
Backup QB- Carr/Harrigton/Pennington (he did auto-pick after 10 rounds)
Backup RB- Cedric Benson, Michael Bennett
Backup WR- Laverneous Coles

League scoring is pretty basic, QBs average 14-20, RBs average 10-17, WRs average 7 to 14....pretty normal.

thatpfunk
09-03-2005, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't

Bulldog
09-03-2005, 11:16 PM
His team is better than yours.

LBJ
09-03-2005, 11:59 PM
He has the edge in RBs in my opinion. That is all.

Clarkmeister
09-04-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd you ask?

LBJ
09-04-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to correct me. I feel my team is better but wanted other opinions.

Clarkmeister
09-04-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two people did (correctly) correct you. You told them they were wrong. So what was your purpose again?

LBJ
09-04-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two people did (correctly) correct you. You told them they were wrong. So what was your purpose again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was responding to them. They both said the same thing, that I had a worse team. I asked them why, in the form of a statement. I feel I have him in every category except for RBs. Is the difference in RBs enough to offset my advantage in every other position?

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Rb's are the most important in Ff. His are better than yours and have the potential to be WAY better than yours.

Your qbs are close, while his has the potential to be WAY better than yours.

Your wrs are close.

So you have the potential to win, sure, who knows what will happen. But his team has way more potential than yours and will most likely crush you if things go well for him.

edited to add: i was in a keeper league that disbanded and my 4 rbs were both your guys' starters. im [censored] pissed /images/graemlins/mad.gif

bugstud
09-04-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Your wrs are close.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEEEEEEELL no his wrs rape the other guys and everything else is close. I wouldn't take it, but then again I took the infamous cubs bet /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your wrs are close.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEEEEEEELL no his wrs rape the other guys and everything else is close. I wouldn't take it, but then again I took the infamous cubs bet /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh crap, I was reading through this and just finally noticed that his starter was Mark Clayton, not Michael. Whoops. Yeah, that's a pretty big difference but I still stand by my general opinion.

bugstud
09-04-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your wrs are close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh crap, I was reading through this and just finally noticed that his starter was Mark Clayton, not Michael. Whoops. Yeah, that's a pretty big difference but I still stand by my general opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a chance he f'ed this up. if 'it mike I stay way the hell away

Bulldog
09-06-2005, 02:29 PM
QB push
RB big disadvantage
WR whether his WR2 is Michael Clayton or Coles, slight disadvantage for you
TE big advantage
K big disadvantage
DT slight advantage

Everything except RB all tolled, is a wash. His HUGE RB advantage is his edge, and it is significant.

LBJ
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM
It is Mark Clayton. Even if it was Mike Clayton, I would still have better WR's. I declined the bet, since I really don't know that I will have the better team for sure. I may eventually take the bet sometime before the season starts, but only because I'm very good with trades during the season and I always improve my team there. Unfortunatly, the other players in the league have noticed that in the past 3 years and are basically refusing to trade with me.

Bulldog
09-06-2005, 04:23 PM
From a well-respected fantasy source, updated today:

WRs
6. Steve Smith
7. Javon Walker
17. Michael Clayton
18. Laveranues Coles
22. Anquan Boldin
69. Mark Clayton

If he is dumb enough to start Mark Clayton all year long, you win the WRs. Assuming he isn't a moran, his starting WRs are better than yours. You have more depth, with Muhammed and Evans, but neither of them are locks to have even decent production in their situations. Arizona's receivers have to split everything three ways, and Javon Walker has to deal with a healthy Driver across from him, defenses keying on him, and a declining Favre.

Sluss
09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming he isn't a moran

[/ QUOTE ] If he is a moron take the bet. Unless you yourself are a moron, then don't take the bet.

LBJ
09-06-2005, 04:34 PM
There are 200 fantasy sources out there, not everyone can be right.

To have Steve Smith as the #6 WR is crazy and outlandish. Just terrible. I'm not going to take it though, I don't want to risk it.

Soul Daddy
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To have Steve Smith as the #6 WR is crazy

[/ QUOTE ]
I love Smith, but I have to agree with this statement. That's way too high for a guy with 1/2 a good year in the books coming off a knee injury that kept him out a full year.