PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 loose/agressive with A3s

elysium
04-21-2003, 04:54 AM
10-20 loose/agressive game with one or two average opponents and a solid tight agressive in the CO.

one limper to me in the CO-1 and i limp with A3s, suites not important. the CO calls and the SB raises. BB calls and it's a 5-way to the flop.

flop; 963r, i check, the CO bets, folded back to me and i raise, call.

turn; 3, i bet and the CO raises. this means JJ,TT, or 99 along with a possible 66 or A9s. this is a very good player and reads me for a possible middle pair, and he thinks i will fold. and i know this, so i reraise and he calls.

river rags and i bet, call.

later i began to question the reraise on the turn. should i have reraised the turn? i'm not sure whether that was a good thing to do or not. was it? and if not, why not? my reason was simply to get more money in the pot. i knew the opponent would call, but was this correct here? and do you think perhaps this is only a marginal ev situation? is this the kind of raise that we shouldn't make in a borderline situation when the raise is not being made to get the fold but rather to get more money in the pot?

PokerPrince
04-21-2003, 05:05 AM
The raise is fine, stop obsessing.

PokerPrince

Diplomat
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM
What do -you- think is wrong with the turn re-raise? Because I can see very little wrong with it here.

-Diplomat

elysium
04-21-2003, 04:31 PM
hi everyone
my opponent mucked his hand without showing. i didn't think this was a clear reraise against a solid good opponent, but i guess it is. i'll try to post better hands.

Ulysses
04-21-2003, 10:10 PM
I think the questionable thing here is the flop checkraise, not the turn re-raise.

elysium
04-22-2003, 04:41 AM
hi ulysses
well, the reason for the check-raise was that my opponent was getting a little tricky here and there, and i just wanted to keep him from getting too fancy. and i did have a pair heads up, so he will hear something from me about it. you've reminded me about a hand tonight that i'll post right now.