PDA

View Full Version : Make my flush with questionable card, then BLEEECH.

VoraciousReader
09-03-2005, 09:57 PM
What's your river action? Comments on all streets welcome. No reads at the time I played, this was literally my first hand at the table.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero???

Paxosmotic
09-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Check/call.

VoraciousReader
09-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that was my thought. I have no earthly idea why, but at the time, I bet (even as the bile was rising in my stomach). Amazingly, he just called, and turned up an ace for the full house.

Then, I started to wonder, is there any chance he came this far without an ace OR a 6? And I started thinking it should be check/fold.

But folding the nut flush for one bet...seems kinda dirty.

Paxosmotic
09-03-2005, 10:34 PM
The problem is, you're going to win this hand more than 1 in 7 times (the amount you have to win to make calling a river bet profitable), yet you're not going to win more than 1 in 2 times (the amount you have to win to make betting the river profitable), so you're stuck in that horrid middle ground of mediocrity where you just need the hand to end. Too much equity to fold, not enough to do the betting yourself.