PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good play?

EricW
09-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Hand 1
Players: 5

Seat 1. HERO (1290)
Seat 2. cnjfreeze (683)
Seat 3. ledzep0079 (1055)
Seat 5. mxa012 (1789)
Seat 7. ricenbgcc (3183)

Blinds: 75/150
Button: Seat 7 (ricenbgcc)

Pre Flop
Dealt to HERO
Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ledzep0079 folds.
mxa012 folds.
ricenbgcc calls [150].
HERO is all-In [1215]

wiggs73
09-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I have no idea if it's a good play. Have you been playing tight, loose, pushing a lot...? How about villian, do you have any reads or have you noticed any betting patterns by him?

Without any such info, I'd say it's probably not the greatest play. I'd concentrate more on stealing blinds from the other 3 stacks as you have way more fold equity on each of them than you do on the big stack.

EricW
09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Everyone on the table is average.

My table image has been somewhat looser 'cause I was short stacked and came back to life after a few pushes.

Oluwafemi
09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My table image has been somewhat looser 'cause I was short stacked and came back to life after a few pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

then it's probably not that bad of a play. an average player isn't calling your push unless he has a monster [pretty much].

quarkncover
09-03-2005, 09:50 PM
My push here is really dependent on the UTG limper

I think its an okay push, but since you were quite short before I think the hand you doubled up on will have a great deal to do with your image right now. Maybe its because when my luckbox is running and I push with 92o and win most players are ready to look me up.

wiggs73
09-03-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then it's probably not that bad of a play. an average player isn't calling your push unless he has a monster [pretty much].

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on the buy-in. Like I said, I'd like the push fine if it was against any stack except for the guy that has 3k+. I think he calls with too wide a range (if this is a lower buy-in game) to make this push good.

Also, if you have a looser image, then wouldn't the big stack be more likely to call with any ace and decent kings?