PDA

View Full Version : Weird windows XP problem.

jon462
09-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I have 2 user accounts on my computer. One has all my poker stuff, the other just has a few games that I play when im on tilt <g>

Anyway, for the past 2 days on my poker user account I have had trouble with my browser. I can browse most sites fine, and play poker - but I have trouble logging into sites that require a login every time(neteller, hotmail, the "my account" section on empire - which means I cant cashout or deposit). I get a "the connection was refused when attempting to connect with" on neteller and hotmail with mozilla. Empire pulls up IE, of course, so i get a "this page cannot be displayed" error. The weird thing is if i access my other user account (the one with only games) i can access all the sites. This is not a long term solution though because I dont have any poker software installed on that account (and dont want to - I let other people access that account and dont want them to have access to my poker sites).

Any ideas? I have a brand new dell 8400. Both user accounts are set up the same currently with admin access, so I dont really know what could be causing the problem on one account and not the other.

Thanks.

jon462
09-03-2005, 08:16 PM
oh what the heck. I have had this problem for the last 48 hours. 2 mins after I posted this message I checked Neteller and was able to log on, now everything is working fine. Bizarre.

smoore
09-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif windows.

Oh yeah, some advice might help too... clear the internet cache and all the temp files. I'm confident XP has a "clean internet files" somewhere in either the control panel or internet tools.

jon462
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif windows.

Oh yeah, some advice might help too... clear the internet cache and all the temp files. I'm confident XP has a "clean internet files" somewhere in either the control panel or internet tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, Ill do that.