PDA

View Full Version : AK (BB) hits trips and BB hand

jzpiano14
09-03-2005, 08:04 PM
50NL PP

Hand #1

Villian could be tricky, but overall a decent player, seen him get out of line once or twice though.

6 handed
Hero has 61.8 Villan has him covered
Hero is BB

4 folds, Villan completes (SB), hero checks with 9h4c

Flop
4s 9s 2c

Villan Checks, Hero bets 2, didn't want him drawing to the flush.

Pot $5
Turn 4d

Villan Checks, Hero bets 5, Here i wanted to extract the most from him and I don't think checking would do it, I wanted to see if he was commited to his hand

Pot $15
River Jh

Villan Checks, Hero bets $10, Villan goes all in, Hero to call $34.8 (Pot $79) Hero calls

How my line? How often am I behind?

Hand #2

Villan is LAGish, other than that no reads

Villan has 44.00 , Hero covers him

Villian UTG Limps, 2 folds, SB complets, hero raises to 3 with AsKc, Villan Calls, SB folds

Pot ($6.5)

Flop
9c 4h Kh

Hero bets 5, Villan Calls, Is this bet good? I was thinking again make them pay if there are drawing.

Pot ($16.5)

Turn
Kd

Hero bets 10, Villan calls What could he have here?? Maybe a set, I wasn't sure this is where I started to get confused

Pot (36.5)

River 6d

Hero goes all in for 26, villan calls, Do you check this here calling the all in that is probably coming?

Feedback on everything is appriciated

quarkncover
09-03-2005, 08:32 PM
IMHO the way you both hands was pretty straight forward for PP NL50. I think in either spot if you're beat your paying villain off no matter what.

Hand #2 I'm more inclined to value bet on the river. 10-15 maybe you can pull in a crying call from A9h. Like I said before if he has a boat here you're paying him off either way.

jzpiano14
09-03-2005, 08:35 PM
I do like the value bet idea on the river, Villan only has 26 behind, so the question is which is better $10 or $15?

theben
09-03-2005, 08:49 PM
hand 1 is fine

hand 2 is fine, but as posters said you could have value bet. you certainly could be against trips

jzpiano14
09-03-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 is fine

hand 2 is fine, but as posters said you could have value bet. you certainly could be against trips

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean a boat? I have trips.

quarkncover
09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do like the value bet idea on the river, Villan only has 26 behind, so the question is which is better $10 or $15?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting 10 here, less than 1/3 pot. If he has a king with a weaker kicker he's probably pushing.

KowCiller
09-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Hand 1: Played it fine, I'd do the same. River is an insta-call.

Hand 2: This is a classic spot for a river check-call. Lesser kings bet, missed flush draws bet, some weirdly played TT or JJ might bet, etc. If you bet, only lesser kings or boats are calling. The rest of the hand was fine.

KoW

P.S. Where are you at in IL? I'm stuck at a client in Bloomington IL for the next few months /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jzpiano14
09-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Hand 1: Villan has JJ for a rivered boat. doh
Hand 2: Villan has K6 for a rivered boat. doh again

Kow, My hometown is Naperville so your a bit from me, though I am currently in school in Holland, MI