PDA

View Full Version : AA and I've been check-raised

Buck_65
09-03-2005, 07:33 PM
BB in this hand is 19/9 who has never check-raised before this over 325 hands. With MP1 already all-in, this is a turbo auto-muck, right?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $3.68 (All-In), <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.34 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.17 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

A_C_Slater
09-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Insta muck I would.

teajay
09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm pretty sure in this situation and in the heat of battle I'll call down. But looking further into this situation, this may be a leak. What hands could this player have that we beat?

Against a moe aggressive player (who C/R more), I think a call down would be more appropriate. Thoughts?

Buck_65
09-03-2005, 09:28 PM
If I had no read on the check-raiser, I'd call it down since the hand took place during Drunken Friday Poker Night on Party, when the players will dismiss the all-in player and try to bluff you anyway.

However, since the guy was tight and had never check-raised before (according to my stats on him), I can't see how a call down can possibly be +EV.

I'd play my hand exactly the same way if my hand were instead QQ, JJ, or TT.

A_C_Slater
09-03-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure in this situation and in the heat of battle I'll call down. But looking further into this situation, this may be a leak. What hands could this player have that we beat?

Against a moe aggressive player (who C/R more), I think a call down would be more appropriate. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would too if not for the all in guy.

Can I assume he didn't have a King since you posted this and you're second guessing yourself?

Buck_65
09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Can I assume he didn't have a King since you posted this and you're second guessing yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he had KQ. I still wasn't 100% sure I was right to fold, but now I'm certain I was correct to do so.

09-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Good Lay Down B-Unit, He had to have a King. Hopefully I would have lay down, but i would be something like 80% sure he had a king

09-04-2005, 12:41 AM
For the size pot, I still would have had a hard time laying it down. I hope I would have had I been actually the one playing it, but for a bigger pot, man, that would be hard (and dumb on my part if I had not folded).