PDA

View Full Version : Online Freerolls

Gamblor
04-21-2003, 01:39 AM
What are the best sites for Online Freerolls?
I have a Canadian credit card that does not allow for deposit to online gambling sites (MC).
So ideally, I'd like to play freerolls that would build a bankroll at reputable poker sites. What is the best site to begin this sort of process?
I've been mainly at UB and PokerStars and I'd like to get everyone's input.

Thanks
Shane

rusty JEDI
04-21-2003, 01:48 AM
There is a link somewhere out there that is updated often with all the upcoming freerolls. I dont have it but hopefully someone will be kind enough to give it to you. Im not sure if ive ever seen it mentioned here but ive definetly seen it on RGP. You might want to run some google searches there.

jasonHoldEm
04-21-2003, 02:19 AM
Gamblor,

Check out pokerroom.com. They have a freeroll everyday at 9am and 3pm (EST) the winner gets $50 (second $25, third $10). That's real money you play with or cash out immediately (none of that point crap like at other sites). It's pretty tough to win (usually 700-800 people enter), but I've won it once and placed second, so it is possible, you just have to keep at it. I think the sign-up starts an hour before the tournament opens, you'll want to get there early as it usually fills up pretty quick.

peace,
jHE

FYI - For the record, I like pokerroom and I've been successful there; however, I had some problems last week, and although they did work out the problem, I don't feel right recommending them without a word of caution as well. You can read about it here:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=240938&Forum=i net&Words=pokerroom&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpa ge=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=240938&Search=true #Post240938

Zwiggelte
04-21-2003, 05:02 AM
cccpoker, acr, bigbetpoker, 24hpoker, they have all free roll tournaments. The only thing it will cost you is time..

Instinct
04-21-2003, 05:46 AM
In case you didn't know you can open a neteller account easily and fund it with up to $500 and then it is very easy to transfer funds onto the poker sites.

crazy canuck
04-21-2003, 06:09 AM
There are lots of ways to fund your account besides credit card. In my opinion freerolls are a big waste of time, unless you really can't afford 50 bucks. I mean you can play 1 dollar buy-in tourneys or those new nano limit games. Good luck!

Simon Diamond
04-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes I would agree with that (Despite earning most of my playing money in freerolls). As an example, if you have a friend with money at Poker Stars, you can get them to transfer some to you. There are many other methods of funding accounts I am sure.

If you are going to go through the freeroll route, the vast majority of sites offer them but winning anything meaningful takes a lot of hard work.

Good luck,

Simon

Emperor
04-21-2003, 12:10 PM
www.pokermate.com (http://www.pokermate.com)

It has a tournament search engine.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
04-21-2003, 05:58 PM
I would add Dynamite Poker to the list. Their freerolls have smallish prize pools, but if you want it bad enough, there's another option.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma