PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 9/2

CCx
09-03-2005, 06:28 PM
YTD: 0-0

whooaaaa nellllly

Notre Dame +3 @ Pittsburgh -- Two new coaches, that's a wash. One could make the argument that one coach comes from an NFL dynasty and one coach comes from an NFL malady, but for the sake of this game, let's consider it a non-factor. (if you wanted to say ND has the advantage with Weis, one could also say that advantage may be slightly mitigated with them playing their first game on the road) - A lot of factors in this game are seemingly a wash - ND's entire offense (minus Grant) is back, Pitt's defense sucked last year. Pitt plans to run the ball more, ND's run defense will be tested early with a number of seniors graduating from a run D ranked 4th in the nation last year. I'm going strictly on revenge, as ND lost a shootout to Pitt in South Bend last year 41-38. I also do not think Palko will come out of the gate firing on all cylinders, based on his start last year. ND will make it a point to shut down Lee and if they can show early that their run D is still a factor, Pitt's lofty expectations could take a turn for the worse.

CCx
09-03-2005, 11:36 PM
ND 42, Pitt 21

NCAAFB YTD: 1-0

Except for the opening TD drive by Pitt, ND dominated both sides of the ball the whole game - Darius Walker played his ass off tonight, and could emerge as the key to the ND offense this year. ND's offense looked unstoppable, but the jury is out on that until they play a team with an actual defense. Palko was mediocre, and ND pressured him the whole game (5 sacks) - Pitt never got their running game started, and had to try and play catchup the whole game.

flatline
09-03-2005, 11:57 PM
In retrospect, that is a nice bet. I guess all winning sports bets are nice in retrospect.

BTW, I had half my sports bankroll on Baylor -3.5, they won by 5 after stopping a 2 point conversion in the last minute. That was also nice.