PDA

View Full Version : Big stack LAGs late in supersatellite

betgo
09-03-2005, 06:10 PM
$50 supersatellite on Paradise for $600 tournament. 103 players for 7 seats $550 distributed between places 8-11.

I was chip leader a couple of times early. I am trying to stay out of trouble and drift into a seat. With 15-30 players left, there is a lot of wild action and players busting out.

With 11-15 players left, I am in about 8th place with about T10K. There are a couple of big stack LAGs in almost every pot. If a small stack raised them, they would call no matter what. I was playing rock tight, because there wasn't much opportunity to steal and I figured I would get big hands or good stealing opportunities enough to keep me afloat. The big stack LAG on my right was always raising my blind. I didn't have enough chips to make him fold, so if I push a 3-2 favorite I have a 40% chance of busting.

At the final table there were 2 of these LAGs directly to my right. Every pot had a raise or maybe a limp when it got to me. A couple of times I planned to push with 55 or ATo and about 5xBB, but there was someone in the pot, so it was probably a tossup to bust out.

With 9 players left (7 seats), I am down to T3600 in last. There are players at 5K, 7K, and 11K. blinds 600/1200/100. Big stack bully in CO raises, I call allin with QQ. He shows KJo and wins with a flush. I get $150. If I won the hand, I would have T10K, which would probably be good for a seat.