PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 party, KK oop at river, ragged board.

JMP300z
09-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Loosish MP makes it 35...solid button makes it 75 (1330 total), I cover in BB and call w/ KK. Button has not once reraised pf and has not been isolating MP so far. My image is tight, ive been kinda card dead and am nearing the end of my session.

Flop J73 2 hearts, check check bet 95, call, fold.
turn. 4d check, 375, call.

Whats your river play? Assuming Button will sometimes try to value bet QQ but will sometimes find a fold w/ QQ.

-JP

geo8o2
09-03-2005, 06:16 PM
he bet's u call, he checks you bet

Rotating Rabbit
09-03-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he bet's u call, he checks you bet

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPs

To the OP: do you really think villian fires a second big barrel into a perceived rock on the turn if he cant beat KK ?

JMP300z
09-03-2005, 06:50 PM
I think he has too with the flush draw out there.

-JP

gol4pro
09-03-2005, 07:37 PM
3 bet preflop makes this hand loads easier to play-- here's why, it solves the question of him having AA/QQ here by investing less money in the pot.

If you raise to 225-- and he pushes, you fold more than likely.

If you raise to 225-- and he calls, he's probably calling the flop bet and folding the turn.

Makes this LOADS easier to play.

fsuplayer
09-03-2005, 08:17 PM
i had a similar hand the other day and when I discussed it with some 2+2ers over IM, they agreed a turn lead and fold to a raise was the best line.

this is a tough hand, and no line here is great, but i dont love calling the turn and checking the river, allowing him to check QQ and bet AA and JJ.

Rotating Rabbit
09-04-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

But what two hearts is a tight player cold calling a preflop reraise from a solid player, oop to both opener still act and reraiser? pretty much none. Your hand range to him is like QQ+, sets, AK/images/graemlins/heart.gif so i think he has you crushed if he bets turn like this, you could well be about to c/r him all in he doesnt care.

geo8o2
09-04-2005, 07:45 AM
u raise to 225, he pushes.. i fold? must be a mountain rock or something. KK tough fold.

captZEEbo1
09-04-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet preflop makes this hand loads easier to play-- here's why, it solves the question of him having AA/QQ here by investing less money in the pot.

If you raise to 225-- and he pushes, you fold more than likely.

If you raise to 225-- and he calls, he's probably calling the flop bet and folding the turn.

Makes this LOADS easier to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good luck playing poker! Smart players WON'T 3-bet AA preflop, as it basically says I have AA. But players also can 3-bet AK, QQ, KK preflop, which makes your folding much worse.

JMP300z
09-04-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

But what two hearts is a tight player cold calling a preflop reraise from a solid player, oop to both opener still act and reraiser? pretty much none. Your hand range to him is like QQ+, sets, AK/images/graemlins/heart.gif so i think he has you crushed if he bets turn like this, you could well be about to c/r him all in he doesnt care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good pts. I should also have mentioned that this is 6 max.

But i thought at the time, folding the turn may be too weak. You maybe right but you may be also overestimating the "tight" and "solid" aspects of this hand. Just because he reraised a bad player and bet both flop and turn does not mean he has to have AA. I guess it is up to me though to determine just how often he has it. I would say on the turn that he has QQ, a bluff or even a nut flush draw (small small chance) enough of the time to call his PSB . The only reason not to call is because of reverse implied odds on the river. I kinda invisioned the river going check check or check and me calling a small amount that could be a QQ value bet.

-JP

Results in white:

<font color="white"> I spiked a king, pushed and he called w/ AA. </font>