PDA

View Full Version : There are no such things as dumb questions

Lloyd
09-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Borrowing an idea from Citanul in the STT forum, and supplementing the other post on FAQs, anybody new to the forum please feel free to ask any question you'd like on anything dealing with MTTs or this forum. We'll answer the questions either through the developing FAQ, a separate post, or a PM depending on the nature of the question.

DireWolf
09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
is it just me or does LLoyd seem like the old Father of MTT

(in a good way) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jurollo
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it just me or does LLoyd seem like the old Father of MTT

(in a good way) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
He is the old father, I am the hip young uncle who buys you booze though.
~Justin

Dave D
09-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Here's a question. WTF is that avatar Jewrillo?

edit: That's a referance to the other thread where you talk about nobody being able to spell your name right. No disrespect or whatever.

McMelchior
09-03-2005, 05:21 PM
OK, here's one - out of major frustration:

What is a good strategy for the first hour of the PStars $10 re-buy?

I believe this tournament is my biggest money-loser. I usually burn through 2 to 4 double rebuys and end the re-buy period with 5,000 in chips (the minimum) anyway. Generally at that point I'm halfway on tilt and dont last long, even if I get lucky once or twice.

Suggestions from those of you who seem to be experts in using the re-buy period to accumulate mountains of chips highly appreciated - thank you!

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

mts
09-03-2005, 05:22 PM
things to include when posting a hand

benneh
09-03-2005, 05:24 PM
if you have the bankroll, gamble it up and hope to double up twice to 12k or so, then just play EXTREMELY tight.

if you dont have a huge bankroll, just play really tight and when you get a big pair (or AK), just push, regardless of everything.

hopefully you dont get a tight table. the best tables usually feature 2+2ers like gigabet, or chief (i remember when i was at chief's table. woo! didnt double up off him though), or someone like noah b. they'll dish a few bad beats, but its worth it.

DireWolf
09-03-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, here's one - out of major frustration:

What is a good strategy for the first hour of the PStars $10 re-buy?

I believe this tournament is my biggest money-loser. I usually burn through 2 to 4 double rebuys and end the re-buy period with 5,000 in chips (the minimum) anyway. Generally at that point I'm halfway on tilt and dont last long, even if I get lucky once or twice.

Suggestions from those of you who seem to be experts in using the re-buy period to accumulate mountains of chips highly appreciated - thank you!

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how i play:

At the beginning i play like a maniac until i get to 6-7k. I will go all in with anything decently playable. The reason i do this is because having a big stack is so important because it is so easy to double up in the rebuy period. Doubling up with 6k is alot better than doubling up with 3k.

Once i get to 6-7k i play a lot tighter, but still push my good hands preflop. Hopefully you double up again and can work your way to 12-15k by the break.

Edit:if im still at 3k in the ten minutes before break, i go
really really crazy.

Lloyd
09-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I think the rebuy question is very good and perhaps you want to start a separate thread to get input from those people who might not read this thread.

McMelchior
09-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Great idea, Lloyd!

I'll do it in my next break (or if I go broke earlier, /images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Thank you to Benneh and Dire for you answers.

Yes, I do have a bank roll (still) and yes, I do ganble it up, but obviously I need to learn how to pick the right spots.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

Lloyd
09-03-2005, 05:49 PM
After 8 double rebuys in the current 11r . . .

McMelchior
09-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey, I only took 3 double re-buys in the current ... or are you talking about yourself? /images/graemlins/wink.gif I don't know your handle, Lloyd ... (I'm Rhonda B) ...

BTW, sorry for taking this excellent thread off track, but you started /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

Jurollo
09-03-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question. WTF is that avatar Jewrillo?

edit: That's a referance to the other thread where you talk about nobody being able to spell your name right. No disrespect or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah... I think I created a monster with my screenname now. Anyway the avatar is a logo of a local band from up in Massachusetts that I love. Listen to them here. (http://www.purevolume.com/thereceivingendofsirens/) They are sorta punk/rock/hardcore/unique music, enjoy (anyone who likes that kind of music)
~Justin