thatpfunk
09-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Taking serious offers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seether
09-03-2005, 04:23 PM
What is its retail value?

MicroBob
09-03-2005, 04:29 PM
if it's the WHOLE package than I think it's $9k right??

$5200 for the main-event (Sept 24 - Oct 2 in aruba) plus the extra stuff for the hotel-stay and the flight, etc.

Plus there is also a pre-mainevent freeroll event for some of the players where 1st place gets to 'play like a pro' which means he gets entered in 4 big events (2006 WSOP main-event, Bellagio 5-diamond perhaps, Aruba, and one other one that I can't remember)

UB also has tourneys for just $5200 main-event entry and you'r eon your own for hotel and flight costs.
But since the OP said Aruba 'package' I'm assuming he's referring to the whole $9000 deal.

I thought I saw something on the UB site about not being able to sell your extra Aruba packages after Sept 1. didn't really look at it too closely though since it doesn't apply to me (unfortunately)

thatpfunk
09-03-2005, 09:08 PM
It is the whole package. I didn't see the notice about being unable to sell.

The trip itself is 8 days for 2 people. Plus the event, freeroll, etc.

captZEEbo1
09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
I'll open bidding at $2000 (I have no idea what package is worth)

Sponger15SB
09-03-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what package is worth

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a well guarded secret, I don't fault you for not knowing...

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7717/ub3yd.th.jpg (http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ub3yd.jpg)

Punker
09-03-2005, 10:32 PM
From the UB web site:

$9,000 prize packages are a MUST PLAY.
Prize packages have no cash value and are non-refundable. First prize package wins are a ‘must play.”

Is this your second package win?

captZEEbo1
09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what package is worth

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a well guarded secret, I don't fault you for not knowing...

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7717/ub3yd.th.jpg (http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ub3yd.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe more than one site offers a package? I dunno.

MicroBob
09-03-2005, 10:40 PM
so you won 2 packages and are trying to sell the other one after Sept 1?

or you won one package and didn't realize that you are not allowed to sell it.

Shoe
09-03-2005, 11:16 PM
UB did recently change their policy to allow people to win more than package (previously, they were limiting you to one prize package per person). So, the OP would need to have won his 2nd package to be able to sell one.

I don't know anything about the sept 1. deadline or if they are flexible with it, and due to their recent change in how you earn points, I am done with UB, except for maybe trying to qualify for the aruba tournament again next year (I made it last year and it was great, didn't have the chance to try this year though).

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 05:51 AM
I am doing this for a non 2+2er.

It is his first package win. Because of a random, unfortunate family issue, he is unable to go. He emailed UB support and they said he can transfer it.

I am acting as an intermediary as I believe that I have gained some 2+2 community trust over the past few years. If anyone has any fears about the transaction we can get a trusted 2+2er (diablo, etc) to hold the money and transfer.

Capt Zeebo is in the lead with a $2k offer but I doubt he is willing to go so low. $6k however, is a good starting point. It is a $9k package as the Sponge so graciously pointed out.

edfurlong
09-04-2005, 06:08 AM
I'd think he'd have to be happy about getting the buyin for the tourney for it. 6k seems like the high side anyone would pay, but I'm not in the know about these things.

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 06:15 AM
Are you joking? The package is *worth* $9k. I think he would rather give it to me and take a % of my potential earn than sell for <$5k.

Also, he can always still go, but he would rather do what is right with his family.

edfurlong
09-04-2005, 06:24 AM
I didn't mean that 6k seemed like too much, just that I couldn't see anyone paying significantly more. Again, I clearly don't have any clue about these things.

Seether
09-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Ill do 5k

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 08:37 AM
fyi, $6k is the highest offer atm.

09-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Is this K-18 or K-21? I remember the aruba event being 18 but under 21 cant play at ub /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Shoe
09-04-2005, 12:01 PM
I agree.... 6k is about as high as anyone would go. Your not going to get 9k, as people would just make their own arrangements to go there if they wanted to spend that much.

The entry is worth $5200 I believe. That leaves $3800 for travel. I won an entry only last year, and flight/hotel for the week cost me $1200 (I stayed at cheaper hotel -- not as nice as the radisson but it was still nice).

Also, unless UB is willing to handle both sides of this transaction, I would not transfer any money to anyone.

Nick-Zack
09-04-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, unless UB is willing to handle both sides of this transaction, I would not transfer any money to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone does this deal without UB handling both sides, please dont come back here and cry about it

NZ

OK - I take that back. Please come here and cry all you want, I think it will make for a fun thread.

nigelloring
09-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I am interested in this package. Before I bid, I would like to know if UB is going to take care of both sides of this transaction?

i.e. will they transfer the package to me and just transfer the money from my ub account to yours?

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 06:33 PM
As I have stated in the thread if UB would not do the transfer I would ask a reputable poster (one that both posters trust) to act as an intermediary. The trip would be transferred to them, the buyer would transfer the money to them, and they would complete both transfers.

thatpfunk
09-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Bump/update...

Ultimate Bet support has said they can take care of the transfer. He will take $6k and that, at the moment, is the standing offer.

He wants it sold by tomorrow, so highest offer by tomorrow afternoon takes it. An offer of $7.5k will take it immediately.

Please PM me if you have a serious offer and UB support will take care of the rest. Thanks all.