PDA

View Full Version : Restealing preflop

09-03-2005, 03:53 PM
400NL, villain loves buying pots preflop. Hero is MP with 400, 3 limpers in front, hero limps KTs, villain (has table covered) raises to 25 from button. One limper calls (doesnt worry me, probably a small pp). I raise to 100 (enough?). Villain calls, limper folds. Crap. Villain probably has a big hand, but then again, have seen him make some questionable calls. 240 in pot, 300 back.
Flop: 2-4-10r. What now? What if the flop came A-x-x?

captZEEbo1
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
uhhh, seems read dependent. You might only be beating AK now, or if his range is very wide( 66-99, AQ), you are in good shape. If the flop came Axx, you can lead for a 2/3 pot bet and fold to a raise giving him cred for AK, b/c you'll probably have f.e. over TT-KK on an Axx flop.

ahnuld
09-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Im not crazy about that steal preflop. WHy not just call and check raise any flop? seems like an easier way to win than to play a big pot out of position. The reason the steal wont work is because a TAG or LAG player would neevr limp AA-JJ in your spot, and would almost always raise AK-AJ there too. So when you check raise, villan is gonna doubt that you actually have a big hand. If I was playing against you and knew you to be a solid agressive player, I would call with any two and postiton to bet the hell outta any flop.

creedofhubris
09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
400NL, villain loves buying pots preflop. Hero is MP with 400, 3 limpers in front, hero limps KTs, villain (has table covered) raises to 25 from button. One limper calls (doesnt worry me, probably a small pp). I raise to 100 (enough?). Villain calls, limper folds. Crap. Villain probably has a big hand, but then again, have seen him make some questionable calls. 240 in pot, 300 back.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you make a steal raise, and it's headsup, you need to bet every flop, and bet substantial (2/3 pot at least.)

With a 3-way hand like this, I would bet out, and fold to a raise. It should be clear to you that anyone who plays is going to be ahead...

MINETZ
09-04-2005, 01:00 PM
i dont like this at all, if the villan can use logic, he can enduce that you wouldn't limp a hand worth LRRing after 3 other limpers.

pokerjoker
09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you make a steal raise, and it's headsup, you need to bet every flop, and bet substantial (2/3 pot at least.)

With a 3-way hand like this, I would bet out, and fold to a raise. It should be clear to you that anyone who plays is going to be ahead...

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. Also I would say the chance you have of winning the Axx flop is better than this one.