PDA

View Full Version : Azk is a lazy piece of [censored]

thabadguy
09-03-2005, 03:18 PM
And he asked me to post this hand for him.
Live 5-10 no cap game avg stack about 3k
Azk just sits posts in blinds with 2500
Maniac makes it 75 blind, been doing it for ever.
I call, Azk calls with QTs
Flop is TJ7 2 diamonds
Azk check calls 300, i fold.
Turn 8d
azk check, 350 from maniac, azk cr's to 1k straight,
maniac thinks for a lil and calls.
river Qc azk pushes.
I didnt think pushing the river is such a good idea from azk because top 2 is def good there, i understand if he missed pushing would be obvious but because he his, i would either value bet or check.
I think i convinced him that check/value bet is decent, because he hit.
Comments?

AZK
09-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Some background info. I just sat down and was waiting to post, villain was a crazy aggro asian guy that was raising to 75 preflop blind every hand. TBG had been isolating him for the last orbit from what I could tell but he was still running over the table. I thought this was a good spot to make a big play since I just sat down and he has no reads/instinct or whatever about what kind of player I am. He had a lot of money so if I make a big play here I might be able to get him to make a bigger mistake aftewards. Despite having a blind hand preflop, I really didn't think he could call my checkraise on the turn without the goods, when he called I was planning on moving in on any river anyway except for another diamond. I put him on a pair+ diamond type hand and definitely didn't think he was slowplaying a monster. When I hit m Q on the river I knew my two pair was good against anything he could have had, so after pushing I was thinking and talking with TBG realizing how I could have probably checked hoping he would bet. At the same time, after I check-raise he probably isn't going to bet this river after I check. I don't know. Thoughts?

BluffTHIS!
09-03-2005, 04:31 PM
LAG's aren't necessarily calling stations on the end. So it goes back to betting how much you think he would call or inducing a bluff or bluff raise. Plus pushing often just insures you win nothing when having him beat and lose the max when you are beat. So I would have either checked to hopefully garner a bet by him or would have bet only 1/2 my remaining stack.

fsuplayer
09-03-2005, 04:32 PM
i think you played it fine, betting the rest on the river is good, he will call with all two pair/set hands right?

the size of this pot makes a push ok.

maybe 600 is a little better, but its hard to tell without seeing the guy, and what type of LAG he really is.

Yeti
09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you played it fine, betting the rest on the river is good, he will call with all two pair/set hands right?

maybe 600 is a little better, but its hard to tell without seeing the guy, and what type of LAG he really is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you reading this hand properly? It looks pretty awful to me. I see no reason why Villain can't have a lone 9 here.

Jocke_F
09-04-2005, 12:00 PM
how many river cards does a lone nine like, I doubt he would do anything but push after the checkraise on the turn if he has a nine

fsuplayer
09-04-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you reading this hand properly? It looks pretty awful to me. I see no reason why Villain can't have a lone 9 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

azk and badguy are saying the guy is a nut and its a clear value bet.

going with that, which is better, $1k all in, or less, like 600?

Yeti
09-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Assuming we're going to bet, all-in. Pot is already nearly $3k. IMO there is basically nothing he'll call for $600 but fold for $1k here.

fsuplayer
09-04-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming we're going to bet, all-in. Pot is already nearly $3k. IMO there is basically nothing he'll call for $600 but fold for $1k here.

[/ QUOTE ]

good, that was my thinking.

fanmail
09-04-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky
09-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Considering the opponent and AZK will risk about 1100 to win almost 4k, its a decent bet.