PDA

View Full Version : NL100: KK in a heads up pot

bruin
09-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Reads: I have a very solid table image, although I've stolen once or twice. I sat down about 3 orbits ago, and have only shown down two hands, AKs and AA, the former taking down the blinds and the latter doubling me up from my original buy-in of 55 to 110. I'm sitting on about 110 and cover the villain.

I'm in EP, look down and see K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I make it 4 dollars to go, my standard raise. Villain calls rather quickly in LP. Blinds fold.

Two to the flop, Pot = $9.50

Flop comes K-10-5 Rainbow.

Action is on me. What is a good line for the rest of the hand?

orange
09-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Lead for $7.5, and bet roughly 3/4 of the pot on a blank turn.

All following actions are really dependent on reads. What type of player is villan?

bruin
09-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Only read is that the villain is somewhat loose PF, but other than that no real reads on his post-flop play.

BadgerAle
09-03-2005, 04:10 PM
good chance to make a bit by betting it up off AK KQ, but then you could lose a chance to squeeze some bets out of QQ JJ.
Personally I would bet 1/2 the pot, then see if i can work him out. With a bit of luck AK will re-raise. But then i never touch the full seater tables so what do i know.

IamLeach
09-03-2005, 04:29 PM
I would never check this. The trap will be obvious. I'd bet at it for about 5 or 6. Go from there. Ultimately I would play it aggressively because I would want it to look Like I was stealing/bluffing. AK, KQ, KT, TT, 55 will give you action as well as some othewr hands...but If they do not have these hands your not getting paid anyhow.