PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

PokerBob
09-03-2005, 02:48 PM
villain is 42/14/1.4.
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero screams MOTHERFUCKER and does what?

Monty Cantsin
09-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I raise, based on the assumption that an 8 would frequently go for the c/r.

/mc

7ontheline
09-03-2005, 02:52 PM
A lot of players would try to c/r the turn after your show of strength, but maybe he's trying to charge a flush draw. You definitely can't fold - the only question is whether a raise anywhere is +EV. Maybe against the right player. Depending on this guy's style, a raise on the turn may be good to charge his draw or worse pair or a raise on the river may be good to let him keep firing at the pot.

baronzeus
09-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Call down. As much as you want to raise or fold both seem really weird here.

PS I think you're good here.

___1___
09-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Hero calls the turn (obviously folds if SB checkraises). Hero calls the river.

Hero wants to see a showdown cheaply now. Folding is not an option.

Edit: I don't like raising for a couple reasons. First, it'll fold a worse hand too often and you're paying more when you've got 2 outs.

You raise the turn, he calls, and he donkbets the river with an 8. Ugh...

___1___

Wynton
09-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I was thinking raise, on theory that you can safely fold if he reraises. And maybe that gives you a free showdown on river?

mscags
09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
I think this is player dependent, but I probably raise. Most people will checkraise here if they really have it.

EDIT: Didn't see the third player. Calling down is probably best most of the time, but a raise is probably good against certain players.

baronzeus
09-03-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking raise, on theory that you can safely fold if he reraises. And maybe that gives you a free showdown on river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of villain are capable of bluff 3betting with diamonds or mid pair here. (or nothing).

Nietzsche
09-03-2005, 03:03 PM
You should call. This is a way ahead or way behind situation which makes raising bad. Not much chance of them catching up when they are behind so you want them to keep betting and calling. The 8 can easily be a good card for you meaning less outs for them.

Monty Cantsin
09-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm really confused. This seems like such a clear raise to me, especially with the third player behind us. Why are we so quick to put BB on a better hand? Doesn't he assume we would often raise the flop with overcards? Isn't the top card pairing a perfect opportunity for any pair to bet out again?

If this were HU I would call down.

Given the third player I raise and, if 3-bet, then I call down.

/mc

___1___
09-03-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if 3-bet, then I call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on...

___1___

jba
09-03-2005, 03:09 PM
i think I lot depends on BB and how much overlay he is getting here -- there is a big difference between getting 2:2 on the turn bets and 4:2 on the turn bets

if BB has overcards he's probably folding right here whether we raise or not, but if he has a flush draw or some 2-pair draw he very well may call two cold again and give us a huge overlay, that is what makes me want to raise.

Monty Cantsin
09-03-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should call. This is a way ahead or way behind situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isn't. It's a hand protection situation. Flushes, straights, and Aces.

/mc

Monty Cantsin
09-03-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if 3-bet, then I call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on...

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

I may look stupid now but think how smart I'll look when he shows A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I'll look like a frickin genius!

/mc