PDA

View Full Version : Review, hand 85 (Q2s big blind special)

Xhad
09-03-2005, 02:35 PM
(In this hand hero is big blind with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and the flop is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and three people other than the blinds have limped)

Should this flop be bet? There are many cards that can help you, but help other weak hands more (Q with better kicker, or a 7x with no other draw, or maybe something like A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif). You have BDFD + overcard + OESD so it seems to me you're not risking that much money if you bet the worst hand, even out of position.

09-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure our hand is strong enough to bet. We have a one-card OESD (I'd much rather have the A hit than the 6) a relatively weak BDFD, and a decent overcard. I'd give us maybe 7 outs. I don't think we're folding a better queen, because any better queen has two overcards, and will not likely fold.

So I don't think a bet will improve our chances of winning, and I don't think we have a strong enough hand to bet for value.