PDA

View Full Version : pocket KK's in 4-8 hold em

kake123
04-20-2003, 04:42 PM
I was playing in a loose, sometimes a little wild 4-8 hold em game . People were calling raises preflop with very little and going too far with marginal hands. I hadn't seen a flop in about 30 mins when I was dealt KK two off the button, there were two callers in front of me, I raised, the next guy dropped and the button re-raised, SB dropped, BB called, two guys in between dropped, I make it 4 bets, button caps it with no hesitation, and BB calls. I'm thinking now that it is very likely I'm against AA. Pot is roughly $65 with 3 people in for $20, $8 dead and about $5 rake

flop TTQ two spades, BB checks, I check, button bets very confidently, SB calls and I muck it.
Turn comes nothing, BB checks, button bets BB mucks, button shows AQs ( hearts)

What do you think of me mucking KK after that flop- <font color="black"> </font color>

Bob T.
04-20-2003, 10:44 PM
In a wild game, you got to gamble a little, I wouldn't have mucked an overpair, but I might not put in that much more action. Your hand only has to be good about 1 out of 8 times for call call to be right, and you will spike a king, 1 out of 12 times on either the turn or river.

Folding an overpair here after the pot got nice sized preflop is either too tricky, or too weak.

bernie
04-20-2003, 11:07 PM
given your description of the game, id have at least called it down.

you say they play many different styles of hands, get wild with em, but since youre in the hand, all of a sudden they must have a better hand? you gotta be pretty confident with how they view you to make this assessment. some will know you play tight, good cards, and say screw it anyway. til the turn...

unless you only saw them cap preflop with the best, which it doesnt sound like, then maybe factor that in...

i wouldve either raised the flop or at least called and c/r the turn. see how they react to a little playback. this may also help in seeing how they view action from you. some guys dont slow down til the bigger bets. so he may cap the flop if c/r'd here.

youre not in many hands in some wild games, and with the wide range of hands they may have, youre going to call down, and go further a little more with hands than if they were more readable. that's just part of it.

the other thing, the guy could easily be betting position here. you induced him to at least bluff on the flop by being checked to. who wouldnt bet here given the players description? he could bet here with just about anything. any of the wide range of hands he'd have played that way preflop.

just some stuff to think about

b