PDA

View Full Version : Self fulfilling prophecy?

ahnuld
09-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Was wondering if I basically asked for these results because I feared them and acted poorly as a result of this fear.

400nl on party. A limp to me in CO. I raise to 20 with KQ. Only the sb calls, he has about 300 total.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif There is about 48 in pot, he checks, but I have a bad feeling about this hand and only bet 30 becuase im expecting a check raise. I knw this is stupid and it was a bad mistake, but at least I recognised it right away. Anyways, he does check riase me right to 130, and it forces me to fold.

My quesiton is, did I make my own destiny by betting so little, or did it just seem like it? Do you guys ever notice stuff like that happens?

iceman5
09-03-2005, 01:53 PM
You'll never know the answer to that. Thats why I always bet around 3/4 pot - full pot. That way, if / when I get raised, I dont have to worry if hes only doing it because I look weak.

I do check raise people sometimes with junk if the raiser makes a smaller than normal bet like you did, so Im sure other people do it also.

pokerjoker
09-03-2005, 02:48 PM
If you would have bet $35-40 you would have spent $5-10 more but would have a pretty clear idea of where he is at if he check raises.....I think its worth it. Put in a little to win/ save a lot.

Brunsons book has a good piece of advice. -Dont be scared of the raise. If you think you have the best hand and theres a draw then bet it....this obviously isint a total blanket statement but I think it applies here.

It would be read dependant if I would raise with KQ pf here or just call because of this very situation. Against most people I'd just call. Something to think about at least.