PDA

View Full Version : Playing the mortal nuts, 100nl

canis582
09-03-2005, 10:01 AM
I took a shot at 100nl ($1BB) on party last night when this hand came up. I didnt record it so bare with me. I feel like I played it donkishly even though I got paid.

I was delt T9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button of my third orbit.

Villian was UTG+2 with about $115 to my $100. I hadn't paid too much attention to him, but he didn't give me a reason to notice. I wasn't being nut peddler by any means, but I'm not sure if he noticed me either.

He makes it $3 to go, I call as do the blinds.

Flop comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check Check he bets $15, I call, blinds fold.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets $15 again into a ~$45 pot. And I min raise him. (Bleh)

River is the J of /images/graemlins/spade.gif, which completes any draws he may have been semi bluffing.

He bets out $30, and I go all in for another $22 and he folds???

I feel like I played it really passively.

I didn't raise the flop because I was hoping one of the blinds would come along.

I made the min raise on the turn as a value bet because I was pretty sure he wouldn't fold to it and I was worried that he would shut it down on the river after the first two bets.

Do you push the turn? Raise the flop?

Finite_Risk
09-03-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't have that big of an issue with that line - if he isn't calling the river raise, he's not calling if you push harder before.

BTW, "mortal nuts"? You could technically be beaten here by several hands

canis582
09-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I know its not THE mortal nuts, I was just saying that for effect. In fact, I just noticed that TT beats me. I already noticed the straight flush. If he would have turned that over, I wouldn't be posting this because my computer would be broken and my house would be burned down.

Salerosa
09-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Anyone who gets upset about losing a buy-in to a straight flush should probably drop down to more comfortable stakes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjb108
09-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I believe the term your looking for is immortal nuts. Although one could say mortal nuts if its beatable.

IamLeach
09-03-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't mind this play at all. I mean, if he didn't call the river re-raise than he wasn't calling any bigger move earlier. Also, You COPULD be beaten by a few hands here. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Somtimes I might Overplay this on the flop. I do this to make it look like I have a T or I am stealling. A lot of times someone will call you. However, this ussually works when you are leading at it. Anywho, it looks good to me. Nice catch.

theben
09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
definetly not mortal nuts

xcrack999
09-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't mind your line since you almost got your whole stack in by the river, but villain must be just plain bad. He managed to leave you with $22 on the river and then folded getting 8.5 to 1 odds. What the hell could he had have?

pokerjoker
09-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I think you played it well If you raised to $40 on the turn a OESD or flush or ten with a nice kicker and definately a 9 would probably call you though.