PDA

View Full Version : ATo in middle position, uncertain on several streets

DrBob
09-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Another post from a 5/10 newbie. I usually raise ATo from CO, but the 3 callers were at worst semi-loose, so a raise seemed excessive. I would think in a very tight game (not here) a fold might even be indicated.

UTG has only been around about 5 hands. This is the first he's played.

Any reason to have folded the turn? Any reason to see this river?

Paradise Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

ebranig
09-03-2005, 08:59 AM
If you're going to call the turn, you should call the river. That said, I think I fold the turn... A bluff is unlikely as he raised into MP1.

09-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Personally I don't raise AT with that many limpers, the edge is quite small, but perhaps the decision is relatively close.

Flop is ok, but I don't know about the turn and river. If you were planning to fold the river without improvement, then you should probably fold on the turn instead. The jack on the river shouldn't affect your decision.

Hard to say what UTG might have had, a 2 is perhaps unlikely except for a A2s, but a check-raise on the turn is rarely a bluff. You could have 5 outs, but perhaps just 2 outs. Either call all the way, or fold immediately on the turn.

I would have done the latter.