View Full Version : NBA Playoff picks

IrishHand
04-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Now that the real season has begun, my picks:

Western Semi-Finals - Lakers over Spurs in 6, Kings over Mavs in 5
Eastern Semi-Finals - Sixers over Pistons in 7, Pacers over Nets in 7
Western Finals - Lakers over Kings in 6
Eastern Finals - Pacers over Sixers in 6
Finals - Lakers over Pacers in 5 for the four-peat /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Clarkmeister
04-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Kings win and never get pushed to a 7th game.

Pacers are in disarray, I can't believe you'd take them. Moot anyways since the East is so crappy. Jeez, Portland is the 6 seed in the West and would absolutely crush the east.

IrishHand
04-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Aye - any of the top 6 seeds in the West would win the Finals, and both Phoenix and Utah would be competitive.

Zeno
04-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Once the Blazers lose to the Mavs (in four games) I will stop watching the playoffs. It is all moot anyway. Lakers win it all. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif It is hardly worth watching.

Early season Baseball is better than the preordained outcome of the NBA. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Go Mariners! AL west is going to be great to watch again this year. Most exciting division in baseball.

-Zeno

Simon Diamond
04-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Can't see anybody beating the Lakers to the 4peat, and I agree that the winner of the Western Conference is virtually guaranteed to win the title. Did you see Detroit earlier? - very poor for the supposed best team in the East, though McGrady was amazing.

Does anybody know how to get coverage of the playoff games on net radio? Living in the UK, we only get a couple of games a week, and I have spent all evening trying to find coverage on the net. The only sites I can find are pay sites, is that the only option?

Simon

Graham
04-21-2003, 12:11 PM
you've prob seen on nba.com you can sign up for $15/mo, plus they give you teh first 14 days as a free trial. Not too bad for all the goodies. Might be somewhere else to get better/cheaper - I don't know.

G