PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker's Customer "Care" Center

LoveDub
09-03-2005, 07:39 AM
So I'm in a hand and it goes to showdown. I have the best hand, the pot of $73 is moving towards me, and the table freezes.

Everything else is fine, my connection is fine, but the table is frozen with my $73 sitting in transit.

I receive an e-mail from the Customer "Care" Center, saying that the hand was a misdeal and "they're sorry".

After much to and fro-ing of e-mails (including a screenshot), I send them one with an ultimatum.

Pay me the pot, or lose me as a customer.

They send me a reply with the exact same wording as a previous e-mail which they sent me, "I must understand the situation, blah blah blah"

Included in this reply is a draft on how to invite a friend.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ilikeaces
09-03-2005, 07:54 AM
lol
Thank you for posting this. After an all nigh session of sngs this is just what I need to break the ice. Again, thank you so much for posting this. I hope you get your money tho

LoveDub
09-03-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you read the notes on my account, or had a look at the history of the e-mails on this issue, you would know that I have already received this draft response. How do you honestly call yourselves a customer care center,
when there's not a single word in your e-mail which is original?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As we already mentioned in our earlier emails. In online gaming(PartyPoker.com), the system will consider a hand to be completed only when the pot amount is added to the winners balance. Even if the pot amount is moving towards the player it will not be considered as a completed hand.

I understand that its not fair if the winner is declared and then while the money is moved towards the winner the game is cancelled. However, please understand that online games are controlled by system and according to system the hand will be declared complete or incomplete.

Therefore, if the game is cancelled while the money is moved to the winner that game will be considered as a misdeal and players will be refunded the amount that the start the hand with.

As we did not maintain the records for that hand we will not be able to check and give a refund to your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It is refreshing to have some original thought in this e-mail, but I've had it.

As stated before a number of times, credit or lose me.

In a previous e-mail I outlined why it is a sound financial decision to credit my account, but if common sense does not enter your decisions then I must be playing at the wrong poker room.

I'm tired of arguing with you guys! You can take the $73, perhaps allocate it to your customer "care" centre's training budget.

Do not reply to this e-mail (or any other e-mail) unless it's to say that the amount has been credited.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoveDub
09-03-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

As a sign sign of good faith I have gone ahead and credited your account with $50. The money has been added to your real money account and is available for you to use.

I am sorry but this is maximum amount that could be refunded to your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the gesture, and understand that you are limited in the amount that you can credit acounts. I will consider this matter settled, and look forward to many hours of play on Party Poker. I would suggest that you re-evaluate your approach to e-mails - less drafts and more caring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phill S
09-03-2005, 09:19 AM
They have a policy.

They implement policy.

They go outside of policy and give you extra money.

You get pissed and leave them.

You go to party and lose your rakeback.

Who is the real loser in this scenario?

Phill

LoveDub
09-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Life is poker, I bluffed, they folded. I have rakeback at plenty other sites.

LoveDub
09-03-2005, 10:38 AM
And more importantly, hand recording or not - I won that pot.

LoveDub
09-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Semi-bluff since I did have a hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif