PDA

View Full Version : What should I do on this river

09-03-2005, 06:07 AM
Theres now four to a straight on the board but I only have 500 left and theres 1600 in the pot. Do I have to just push and pray he dosnt have it. Surly I cant fold with this much money in the pot?

Table '12086523 1' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: Saganetti (955 in chips)
Seat 3: bollerogsaft (805 in chips)
Seat 4: kazoobean (655 in chips)
Seat 5: Eiretree05 (1155 in chips)
Seat 6: scm2sum (2315 in chips)
Seat 7: Trejiem (3285 in chips)
Seat 8: urbanmx (2935 in chips)
Seat 9: Kinneman (1395 in chips)
Trejiem: posts small blind 25
urbanmx: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Eiretree05 [8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Kinneman: folds
Saganetti: folds
bollerogsaft: folds
kazoobean: calls 50
Eiretree05: calls 50
scm2sum: calls 50
Trejiem: calls 25
urbanmx: checks
*** FLOP *** [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Trejiem: checks
urbanmx: checks
kazoobean: bets 200
Eiretree05: calls 200
scm2sum: calls 200
Trejiem: folds
urbanmx: folds
*** TURN *** [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] [7 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
kazoobean: checks
Eiretree05: bets 400
scm2sum: calls 400
kazoobean: folds
*** RIVER *** [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

09-03-2005, 06:15 AM
I think you should have pushed the turn.
Shooby

09-03-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have pushed the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

With top set on a rainbow board. He would have to have 4 6 for a straight on the turn.

bennies
09-03-2005, 06:45 AM
betting half the pot is still not enough on the turn, make them pay for their draw, right now you're giving them 3-1 for their money AND good implied odds since they will most likely take the rest of your stack if the draw hits.

Michael C.
09-03-2005, 07:28 AM
I don't think he has a straight, unless he has something like 99. Because what other combination can hit the straight but also make sense from his other bets. First of all, what did he limp with and then call the flop with? 24 or 46? Unlikely he'd get in with that, although possible. But if he did, wouldn't he have raised on the turn? So if he didn't have that, what other combo could he have had that would justify calling the flop? If anything, 67 suited, and that doesn't beat you. 89 would make sense, but since you have three 8s, I doubt it. So I think it's more likely he has a pocket pair. And even 99 probably would have raised the flop or turn, no? I don't know how good/bad he is, but I could easily see him having something like 67 suited. So I think you can either bet the river or check call if you think he's the type that would bet at you if he had something, and bluff if he didn't. But I don't see how with those odds you can fold. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's how I see it...

Chaostracize
09-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Raise preflop. Bet (a lot) more on the turn. And finally make a 1/3 pot/value/blocking bet on the river. I don't know the stack sizes or pot size, but if this is feasible, do it.

the_joker
09-03-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Surly I cant fold with this much money in the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you really must push the turn. There are obvious straight draws, the pot is giant, you're not likely to fold on the river anyway, so you should push.

Michael C.
09-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, like everyone says, push the turn. But I was just thinking about the river, assuming everything else was as you played it.

kyro
09-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Push the turn. And no you can't fold. I check/call any bet hoping to pick off a bluff.

pokerlaw
09-03-2005, 12:53 PM
I like the call PF. When I hit a flop this nicely and someone ahead of me throws in a pot size bet, I raise just about every time - t500. yeah, I might not get a call, but if it was a continuation bet he was making, my flat call on the flop would prob lead him into check/fold mode unless an A or K hits on the turn. A showdown on the flop is obviously a very nice situation.

Since you called, the pot is t850 on the turn, I bet t800. On the river, it sucks, so I try to get as little as possible in - but if I get put all-in I call.

09-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Put it this way, if he has a straight he is an uber-donkey. The only understandable straight based on his betting patterns is 99, but if he has this, he played it wrong also. Value bet the river.