PDA

View Full Version : Telling the truth.

LargeCents
09-03-2005, 05:42 AM
I feel like I am becoming a 2+2 consumer protection advocate. I don't like it.

I've been lurking here on 2+2 and on BonusWhores.com since the infancy of the poker boom. Only recently have I began to post here on 2+2, mainly because I didn't have many worthwhile experiences to share with my fellow 2+2 posters. Now, that I am more experienced, I feel I have a lot of substance to add to 2+2. I am happy to do it. 2+2 has been an invaluable asset to me over the years, and has helped me immeasurably. I am more than happy to return the favor.

Very recently, I have become more and more brutally honest about various online poker businesses. That's my style. I tell the truth, and I don't care if someone gets hurt by it, as long as it is true. My defiant honesty has finally hit me hard, HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=bonus&Number=3276803&fpart =&PHPSESSID=) . I have nothing more to say about this particular incident, except that I am genuinely scared.

Where has my honesty gotten me?

I've also made attacks against other particular businesses HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=bonus&Number=3226929&Forum =&Words=crypto&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3223996& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1207&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post3226929) , HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=bonus&Number=3196547&Forum =&Words=crypto&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3193870& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1207&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post3196547) , HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=3290395&Forum= &Words=PokerRoom&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=327923 3&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1207&daterange=1& newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post3290395) . I want to issue a blanket apology, immediately. I have no problem with any of these online cardrooms. None of these businesses are blacklisted at all. They have all made good, every single time. I might have little nits here and there, and I feel I am justified in pointing these out. If anyone EVER feels like I have done them wrong, I demand that they PM me immediately. It is a matter of respect. I will admit that I may get out of line, and make mistakes. After recent events, you will notice a VERY noticeable softening of my demeanor.

I do not want any more lawyers and lawsuit threats. I don't.

Please show me some basic human respect. I deserve it.

LargeCents

PLOlover
09-03-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, what would they sue you for, and in what jurisdiction?

LargeCents
09-03-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, what would they sue you for, and in what jurisdiction?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. Also, I can't afford one. I am just erring on the side of super-caution right now.

dibbs
09-03-2005, 06:56 AM
When you say you dont want any MORE lawsuits (threats), what were the previous ones?

LargeCents
09-03-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When you say you dont want any MORE lawsuits (threats), what were the previous ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=bonus&Number=3308875&Forum =&Words=lawyer&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3276803& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1207&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post3308875)

dibbs
09-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Ick. Sorry to hear it man.

kenberman
09-03-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=bonus&Number=3308875&Forum =&Words=lawyer&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3276803& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1207&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post3308875)

[/ QUOTE ]

from a neutral POV, PSO seems completely in the right in this incident, and you sound like a loony.

just my opinion.

Rockfish
09-03-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from a neutral POV, PSO seems completely in the right in this incident, and you sound like a loony.

just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrBlueNose
09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
You should really go outside more.

ImDaMan
09-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Good God. I've read your links, and I don't think you said anything too "over the top". You expressed you're opinion in a well-written manner, based on your experiences.

I read some pretty offensive stuff, and I don't think you were out of line. Too bad some people felt the need to flex their muscles and try and scare you out of expressing your opinion. Word of mouth is one the best sales tools, and last time I looked, we were still living in America.

Good Luck.

Al

Hawklet
09-03-2005, 01:15 PM
IANAL, but this is what I think.

It sounds like this is what happened:

You made a deal on eBay, there were complications that werent caused by either of you.

You said you want compensation.

They had 2 choices:
Compensate and keep a happy but demanding customer.
Don't compensate and create an unhappy customer.

They tried to compensate but by choosing bad shipping methods it caused more problems.

You demanded more compensation and they chose not to compensate you.

You left unhappy.

In a public forum, someone asked "what do you think of PSO?".

You, a former customer, said "I had bad experiences with PSO".

PSO comes to defend his company and promote his services.

I think that PSO was wrong to come to this forum to complain about feedback that was given by a former customer. IMHO, PSO shouldn't post in threads where people are looking for opinions about PSO...

big show
09-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I want to hear all sides in any discussions. PSO's input makes it a more balanced discussion.

big show
09-03-2005, 01:24 PM
As they are erring on the side of "super caution" by consulting a lawyer. I see this as a defensive move by PSO, trust me - they have more to lose than you.

Hawklet
09-03-2005, 01:25 PM
PSO's imput is baised though. It was balanced when a satisfied customer posted.

Freakin
09-03-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are a competitor who is slandering PSO, or someone who stole PSO's identity and signed yourself up under a fake affiliate link, you haven't been threatened with [censored].

If the transcripts of the PMs are accurate, then PSO is not at fault. And you can't possibly expect someone to work with you if you won't tell them who you are to reference your account.

Just because it's the internet doesn't mean that you can behave like a child. Would you try this in real life?

"Yes, hello, I ordered a DVD but it never arrived. Immediately ship me my DVD as well as another DVD for my trouble"

"Ok, could we have your customer/order/anything number so we can investigate your account? If we were wrong, we'll gladly send you your DVD as well as an extra $250 for your trouble, just to show our good intentions"

"This is not negotiable. Ship my 2 DVDs immediately"

Were you planning on telling him who you were after they agreed to your offer, or were you hoping they'd drop it off in a duffle bag on a street corner for you to pick up?

I was on your side until I read the PMs posted by PSO, so please correct PSO if they have altered the transcripts.

Freakin

brazilio
09-05-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

fluff
09-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I read the threads pretaining to PSO. In my opinion you are either a loonatic or an extorsionist. PSO is 100% in the right.

I hope that you are truly intending to end this charade, but judging by past behavior I suspect that this thread is yet another attempt at furthering your smear campaign.

rusellmj
09-05-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on your side until I read the PMs posted by PSO

[/ QUOTE ]

RunDownHouse
09-05-2005, 12:16 PM
I can't believe you honestly tried to justify your extortion.

Dale
09-05-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you honestly tried to justify your extortion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither. You sound like a jackass.

Guthrie
09-05-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Conclusion. PSO is over, in my book. This story has an end. It ends here. I will never open this thread again,

[/ QUOTE ]
You just did.

Pov
09-05-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though shalt not worship PSO or serve them; for I, the LORD your Pov, am a jealous Pov.

Nice avatar, btw.

PS - I take no real stance on PSO whatsoever - just in a goofy mood today.

DuggleBogey
09-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Telling the truth?

The truth sounds to me like you tried to blackmail PSO by threatenting to damage their reputation.

When they threatened you with legal reprisals, you peed yourself (metaphorically.)

The real truth is you'd stop getting in trouble if you stopped talking out of your rectum.

TomR
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I am becoming a 2+2 consumer protection advocate. I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Either do I. You seem much better suited for the position of 2+2 mute lurker. Give it a try.

09-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Posted here, since LargeCents won't step foot in the other thread he started:

[ QUOTE ]

Who is held accountable for YOUR stupidity? My matter was with PSO before they had a website. Read PSO's last post. PSO existed before their website existed. I am an OG, friend, Not a 2 post troll. People with a brain, here on 2+2 recongnize that.

Future personal attacks in this thread will be ignored. With respect to PSO and our, now private, discussions, I am no longer reading this thread until I get a fast resolution one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

PSO mentioned that they were on eBay, you never mentioned when you signed up for them. My mistake for not knowing your life history, nor PSO's company history inherently.

Bottom line is that PSO has gone out of its way to rectify this and you've done nothing but rebuke with "This is not negotiable" type replies.

For what it's worth, I've been on this site and in the poker community for over a year. Dismissing me as a 2-post troll and touting yourself highly because you've been here almost 3 years is even sillier than you spending countless hours fighting for a chipset/book/whatever that is worth likely less than 1% of your overall poker winnings in 3 years.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Even the unreliable USPS media mail service rarely loses items. For PSO to have sent you the book 4 times either means you're stealing from PSO or someone was stealing packages from your doorstep.

Even the people here that you expected to defend you are mostly telling you to stop being such a loony.