PDA

View Full Version : when paranoia sets in

dark_horse
09-03-2005, 05:03 AM
i feel like i gave up the best hand. villian was selectively LAG, if that makes any sense. sometimes he seems to play sensibly, other times he's insane. for example, about two hands before this one, i saw him 3bet a river c/r holding QQ when the board showed 4 diamonds (he didn't have one), then called the cap. that's why i feel extra odd about my fold. his line looks like a failed c/r attempt on the turn. if i bet the turn, i can make an easy fold if raised, but lose $6 more than folding on the river, but with less certainty. plus, with a player to act behind me on the river, i just couldn't call. am i beating myself up too much here for a fairly obvious play? i mean, only a crazy person bets into two people on that board in a raised pot not beating a pair of tens. but he is crazy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

09-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Bet turn fold to raise check river behind.

wheelz
09-03-2005, 05:09 AM
Ugh, you definitely can't fold to this guy. After you check the turn through even otherwise passive players are capable of taking stabs on the river.

I think you should bet the turn. Just because an ace falls doesn't mean you're automatically dead and should start thinking about saving bets. There's a flush draw out there, someone can easily have a 9, and you can fold to a checkraise.

Chairman Wood
09-03-2005, 05:10 AM
How about bet the turn if SB calls and UTG c/r then fold. If you bet, SB folds and UTG c/r call down.