PDA

View Full Version : I grit my teeth...

jrbick
09-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Villain is LPP but I don't have much confidence in that read.

I'm ready to just fold. Talk me out of it.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...

einbert
09-03-2005, 04:09 AM
You're not good here 10% of the time.

No reason to pay off this checkraise.

I'm not certain you should have bet the river in the first place. Depends a lot on what you think the average LPP is capable of calling down with on this board and whether you will ever get checkraise bluffed here (or by a worse hand for value?). If you feel like you have to call a raise you certainly shouldn't have bet.

My instint from playing a bunch of hands at 5/10 vs loose passives tell me that the bet is correct. I see no reason to pay off the raise, though.

aba20
09-03-2005, 04:28 AM
hero folds

Chairman Wood
09-03-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not certain you should have bet the river in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
OTOH, I am certain that you should have bet this against this type of player and as einbert said you should fold to the raise.

jrbick
09-03-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My instint from playing a bunch of hands at 5/10 vs loose passives tell me that the bet is correct. I see no reason to pay off the raise, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty certain that that's how I should play it. My thinking against these players is that there is basically NO chance that I am winning when this happens. I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not making a mistake by wanting to fold here.