PDA

View Full Version : i've had it w/ paradise, a whining post

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:33 AM
after a week straight of continual miracle river cards (being 3, 2, 1 outed constantly) and missing every [censored] ing flop and going through my worst downswing in my life, i am never playing there again. i've seen crazy mf'ers sit down and hit every flush and straight draw and be constantly rewarded besting out my top 2 pair at every effin' table.

[censored] that site. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

edit: i have been crippled mentally now and i think i need a long break from this game.

Tk79
09-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Go on a canoe trip. Thats what I did and Im winning again.

note: results may vary

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:46 AM
maybe a camping trip would be a good idea... get away from everything for a bit, since i dont own a canoe.

thanks for the idea. much appreciated. i needed to vent because im just in a state of perpetual tilt.

kurosh
09-03-2005, 04:02 AM
does this help? (http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=118333)

dibbs
09-03-2005, 04:06 AM
After chilling out on the lake and at a family cabin of mine in the middle of nowhere for a few days I lost my perma steam and play much better and am more collected now. The past few days have also been the biggest nightmare for me bad beat wise in two years, and Im still pretty calm, sht works wonders.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:11 AM
im talking about where the flop is 3 J J i have pocket 3's in the BB. one limper so i give an above standard 3x's the blind, folded all around to one opponent.

flop 3JJo
i check, he bets minimum (.2), i come over the top with something like .50
turn 9
he bets .50, i raise all in (2 something).
he calls.

river is a [censored] ing 9.

i have 3's full, he has surprise surprise, Jacks full.

its not his fault, i thought i had the mother [censored] er trapped... but constantly getting [censored] ed by the river is killing me.

and this is like the millionth hand this has happened. i am losing my mind.

nice hand btw.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:15 AM
i guess i've been due, im been taking down 3/6 for over 10bb/100 these past few months.

but even so, i feel like i have this dark cloud over me constantly. i've usually been able to come away ahead because of my play and not, necessarily, because of my cards. i've missed upteen flush and striahgt draws (definately lower than what would be expected mathematically) and lately its just been the river card screwing me.

i have been playing in such a state of fear that it has completely ruined my game as of late. i've depleted my bank roll, which was definately nothing to shake a stick at, i only had about 100 SB at any given time because i've been cashing out everythign above. guess i finally learned the mistake of playing beyond the bank roll.

now ive been at the micro limits and i've been taking down about 5% of the total # of hands seen. i need to take a break and take one soon. however i still think im getting screwed at paradise, however irrational, but thats just the tilt talking.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:16 AM
i guess i've been due, im been taking down 3/6 for over 10bb/100 these past few months.

but even so, i feel like i have this dark cloud over me constantly. i've usually been able to come away ahead because of my play and not, necessarily, because of my cards. i've missed upteen flush and striahgt draws (definately lower than what would be expected mathematically) and lately its just been the river card screwing me.

i have been playing in such a state of fear that it has completely ruined my game as of late. i've depleted my bank roll, which was definately nothing to shake a stick at, i only had about 100 SB at any given time because i've been cashing out everythign above. guess i finally learned the mistake of playing beyond the bank roll.

now ive been at the micro limits and i've been taking down about 5% of the total # of hands seen. i need to take a break and take one soon. however i still think im getting screwed at paradise, however irrational, but thats just the tilt talking.

Synergistic Explosions
09-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Its important to be able to vent. I go to confession quite often. I'm not even Catholic. But it helps.

"Forgive me father, for I have tilted."

"Go on my son", responds Father Mullhaney.

"Well, I had pocket aces father, and this idiot cold calls my raise with 3-6 offsuit. He then hits two threes on the flop. I'm beginning to doubt theres a god!"

"I understand my son. Have you considered slow playing those aces?"

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 05:15 AM
lol.

i just need to take some time off and let everything calm down.

i've pretty much lost my menial bank roll, so i gotta build up from the micro's. maybe i'll try a couple of those 6 dollar mini-tournies.

paradise perhaps you aint so bad after all, but you're definately on my [censored] list right now.

Tk79
09-03-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No you haven't.

Toro
09-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I am very tilt prone on the Internet. My solution which sadly I don't always follow is: After 2 bad beats in a session, I have to quit and go do something else.

If you are tilt prone you have to do this to protect your BR.

09-03-2005, 10:45 AM
My problem with Paradise is the place is so sloooooow. Once I'm done whoring them, I'm outta there. They seriously need to buy new equipment and let their operation run smooth and fast if they want to keep their players. The other day the whole place crashed. What a disgrace. The rest of the time it feels like a crash is coming soon.....

hemstock
09-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Slow software, but the play is very very poor (at least at .5/1). Propably worse than party. I've played about 3k hands there, and it seems very natural for people to hit quads and straight flushes every day.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:33 PM
i think the biggest thing i've noticed is there is one person at every table who is consistently hitting every hand they go in on. i mean the guy just delivers bad beat after bad beat with an occasional "legit" hand.

i'm not one to whine about bad beats usually. they happen. in fact the guy who delivered usually will then pay me back and more chasing all these ridiculous hands calling me down to the river with 7 high.

but there has definately been a noticeable increase in the player on a rush lately and i just cant fathom how its possible. i've played on paradise for over 2 years now and only in the past few months have i seen this activity increase about 10 fold. either they've worked out a deal with the devil, or something else is going on.

but then i think, no its just dumb luck. a statistic so small that the amount of hands i've seen, it has to happen to someone, or at least 1 person per table lately (/sarcasm).

and then i wonder, when the hell is gon' happen to me? when do i get to sit down and double up at the 5/10 in 3 hands playing 72o and 93o versus a 4 bet pf against a field of AA KK and JQs and hit my 999 flop with running 3's on the river just in case?

i feel like such a tool whining about all this, but really it happens and im not even one to whine. its uncanny.

maybe we should ask the paradise liason people on here what sort of account we need to set up to hit these progressive jackpots? (im kidding).

jrz1972
09-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I've gotten to the point where Paradise is no longer novel or a change of pace. It's just a grind. I moved up limits to clear the reload faster just so I don't have to play any more hands than absolutely necessary on that site.

No hand histories written to the hard drive + slow-rolling = sucks.

Saint_D
09-03-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[censored] that site. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Party can be just as bad. Get over it.
http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/images/RunningBad.png

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.php?a=1643405&p=1

Freudian
09-03-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after a week straight of continual miracle river cards (being 3, 2, 1 outed constantly) and missing every [censored] ing flop and going through my worst downswing in my life, i am never playing there again. i've seen crazy mf'ers sit down and hit every flush and straight draw and be constantly rewarded besting out my top 2 pair at every effin' table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your story doesn't add upp, sir.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:36 PM
what do you mean it doesnt add up?

i meant other people are catching miracle cards.

edit:

i see what you're saying.

what im doing here is using hyperbole when i say i miss every flop.

hyperbole: A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect