PDA

View Full Version : speaking of kanye (free mp3 mash ups)

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:29 AM
if you liked the grey album and you like kanye west, check this out:
www.kanyewestsounds.com (http://www.kanyewestsounds.com)

its a mash up of the beach boy's pet sounds (plus some other stuff) and college dropout.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Opinions anyone of it? i dug get 'em high and all falls down a lot.

Vince Young
09-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Why would they butcher the Beach Boys' music like that?

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:03 AM
I will check this out later, heard some good things about it. Hopefully this doesn't anger our resident hip hop douces(you two know who you are /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 05:05 AM
obviously the evolution of new musical forms doesnt interest you?

Vince Young
09-03-2005, 05:07 AM
That's not it, Kanye just sucks.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 05:08 AM
another group out of philly, plastic little (or plastik little), they have a record you can pick up at turntablelab.com or you can check out snippets of their stuff @ http://www.plasticlittleraps.com/

check out the track called FOIL

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:08 AM
why don't you just check it out first? If you don't like it, fine, but give it a listen first.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 05:10 AM
kanye has a tendency to use the same cliches and rhymes over and over again. like if i hafta hear him talk about mother [censored] ers going to Jacob's one more time i'll renounce any and all respect i may have for him.

he's talented, but not the hip hop saviour eveyrone makes him out to be. his production is good, very good. his rhymes are ok, except his miracle whip line, that's genius.

he's gotta continually outdo himself to be in my top whatever list.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:14 AM
Kanye will never be in my top whatever list for MC's. He is a great producer though. The only people who will deny that are haters. As an MC, he is slightly better than average, which is far above modern mainstream rap. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

shant
09-03-2005, 05:41 AM
HAHAHHA

You like the Beach Boys and think Kanye sucks. Why don't you just scan your social security checks, discout movie tickets, or bargain Sizzler dinner receipts and show your real age?

Vince Young
09-03-2005, 05:43 AM
I don't like the Beach Boys.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well, I feel sorry for you. Pet Sounds is one of the best albums ever

Vince Young
09-03-2005, 05:45 AM
I've never really listened to them. Don't like or dislike them. I just can't imagine that they're worse than Kanye.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just scan your social security checks, discout movie tickets, or bargain Sizzler dinner receipts and show your real age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice read.. he's 15.

wheelz
09-03-2005, 05:48 AM
I like what I'm hearing thus far

You, my friend, have good musical taste. I knew it from the day I saw your avatar.

Vince Young
Not quite.

thatpfunk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just scan your social security checks, discout movie tickets, or bargain Sizzler dinner receipts and show your real age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice read.. he's 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious, that explains a lot.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Nah, I have no idea.

[ QUOTE ]
You, my friend, have good musical taste. I knew it from the day I saw your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bajaj, MF Doom is one of the worst rappers ever. His fame is totally undeserved. Only stupid emo nerd rap jockers listen to him. Gaaaaaaah, Kanye sucks at rapping, too. His beats are also awful for the most part. Jeaaaah.

shant
09-03-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice read.. he's 15.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm drunk. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vince Young
09-03-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice read.. he's 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious, that explains a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:38 PM
mf doom is a [censored] ing genius. if that makes me an emo nerd so be it.

i cant beleive you think that. do i need to start posting lyrics of his that are god damned amazing?

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
thank you. this is the greatest compliment i could ever receive on this board.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
looks like the site hosting my avatar caught on.

edit: wait a second... wtf is wrong with it its hosted at my image site...

MikeNaked
09-03-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you liked the grey album and you like kanye west, check this out:
www.kanyewestsounds.com (http://www.kanyewestsounds.com)

its a mash up of the beach boy's pet sounds (plus some other stuff) and college dropout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listening to it right now...pretty sweet. Thanks Mr. Robot!

I'm not that into JayZ or Kanye, but alternative production sometimes does the trick. I love Dangermouse and Lushlife sounds solid.

And people who judge w/o listening are straight douches.

lucas9000
09-03-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well, I feel sorry for you. Pet Sounds is one of the best albums ever

[/ QUOTE ]

lucas9000
09-03-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will check this out later, heard some good things about it. Hopefully this doesn't anger our resident hip hop douces(you two know who you are /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

quit being a passive-aggressive loser.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 06:22 PM
yo how come you think mf doom is so terrible?

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]he is boring as [censored].

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]he is boring as [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]atleast to me he is boring, but he does have a lot of fans. I like the beats he has too. Essentially, not my type of rap.

MikeNaked
09-03-2005, 06:29 PM
MF Doom is teh nuts, especially w/ Madlib.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 06:35 PM
i never found him boring. i think his metaphors are on point. he's hillarious sometimes. and his references are great. beyond that, his whole multiple personality/rapping in 3rd person is brilliant.

i mean, the cat's intelligent. his social commentary is another great facet of his stuff... along with his own self-deprecation occasionally.

liek that line about how hip hop is "the only genre of music where the fans shoot the messenger"... stuff like that is fantastic.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 06:38 PM
naw, its not his lyrics that are boring, its the way he raps and his voice that I find boring.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's boring and dull. His lyrics are crappy and rarely make sense. His beats suck. He's not a good rapper. In closing, he's [censored] terrible. You probably like Can Ox, El P, Aesop and Eyedea, too.

[ QUOTE ]
do i need to start posting lyrics of his that are god damned amazing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't. Some kid at Scribble Jam was appalled when I told him I thought his idol, MF Doom, was the weakest rapper ever. He started quoting some crap lines from his songs and I had to tell him that they sucked. It was a waste of time.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 07:01 PM
first of all, def jux is an aiight label. out of their roster, i'd say rjd2 is their main man.

as for eydea, i dont really like him that much. saw him live once and wasnt too impressed with his style.

however i do like the others you mentioned, although they are definately not my favorites.

i really cant understand why you think his lyrics make no sense, perhaps you dont understand them?

you certainly have a real hatred for some stuff and pretty piss poor reasons for feeling that way.

edit: these last two lines are pretty rude, im not trying to be such an ass, but just saying "this sucks, that sucks" doesnt really mean much.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 07:06 PM
i kinda dig the "i was up all night on a cigarette and beer bender and now my voice is hoarse lemme lay down some tracks" thing. i mean, if anyone has a monotone delivery, its guru.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I like GURU's voice WAAAAY more though.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, that's it.. I don't understand them. They're over my head. Or how about I just do not like them. I'm not trying to convince you that he sucks. I don't know what else you want me to say? Better reasons?

Here's a sample of the genius at work:

[ QUOTE ]
So nasty that it's probably somewhat of a travesty
Having me daily total people
You can call me Your Majesty
Keep your battery charged
You know it won't stick, yo
And it's not his fault you kick slow

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, hot lyrics. Keep my battery charged, but it won't stick.. and it's not his (who's?) fault that I kick slow. Yeahhh, crappy lyrics.

[ QUOTE ]
Should've let your trick 'ho chick hold your sick glow
Plus nobody couldn't do nothin' once he let the brick go
And you know I know that's a bunch of snow
The beat is so butter
Peep the slow cutter

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoooo, hot lines again! Shoulda let that trick hoe hold my sick glow, but after he (who?) let the brick go, it was alll ova. It's still a bunch of snow, though. Damn, peep this slow cutter, this beat is so gutter.

[ QUOTE ]
As he utters the calm flow
Don't talk about my moms, yo
Sometimes he rhyme quick, sometimes he rhyme slow
And vice versa
Whip up a slice of nice verse pie
Hit it on the first try
Villain: The Worst Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

As he utters a calm flow, don't talk about my moms, yo? Hooray for random lyrics that make NO SENSE. Garbage rhyme schemes, poor structure, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Spot hot tracks like spot a pair of fat asses

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear God I cannot believe anybody listens to this crap. What's worse is they call these lyrics "genius."

Believe it or not, there are more verses to this piece of crap song. I'm done with it. You get the point, he sucks.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
i was just looking for something more than just ""this sucks that sucks"

i mean, anyone can say something sucks. im just trying to find out what you're basing your opinion on.

also, all those lyrics are from one album. have you listened to anything else by him? i was listening to vaudeville villain and there are tons of amazing lines there.

as for random lyrics to create a rhyme, im sure everyone in rap is guilty of this.

GZA - kitchen blood baths and elevator shafts

wtf is he talking about? but because i dont understand it, i still dont think its [censored].

spot hot tracks like spot a pair of fat asses, this can easily be understood. finding a good beat or song is like finding a girl w/ a nice fat ass.

Keep your battery charged
You know it won't stick, yo
And it's not his fault you kick slow

this could be talking about a freestyle battle, saying people dont have enough skill to battle (hence the totaling people daily), and that they are slow to spit rhymes (kicking slow).

i think thats a pretty sensical way at looking at it.

im not trying to change your opinoin, i was just interested in hearing your reasons behind the "it sucks".

try listening to something else he's done besides only 1 album though. and i wouldnt recommend mmm food as its his weakest release since he raps for only about 10 minutes on a 34 minute disc.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 07:22 PM
it also seems like you have an overall grudge against anything associated with the "backpackers", or whatever.

who do you think is good mc then?

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I do not wish to continue in this conversation.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 07:24 PM
dude im not attacking you, i dont understand why you're getting all offended now.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm not offended at all. I just don't think this conversation is useful. It's not entertaining, it's annoying and I don't really wanna keep talking about how bad I think MF Doom is.

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 07:27 PM
all of my friends tell me mf doom is the bomb, i heard a couple tracks and was less than impressed. whats the first album i should dl?

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 07:32 PM
vadeville villain i would say, but its listed as viktor vaughn.
or operation doomsday.