PDA

View Full Version : Preflop Standards

C-Dog
09-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Hello all,
I have seen the starting charts that are advised for players beginning and I have for the most part tried to follow them. This has lead to a VPIP around 20, and I would like to increase that VPIP. What I would like to know is what are the hands that people in the mid 20s play most of the time. I am sure that I missing out on some profitable hands, and I would like to get them incorporated into my game while still at the 1/2 level. I have read the beginner links, and most of the general strategy links for 6-Max, and I can't figure out what hands I am missing out on. Please post a list of hands that usually get played by those of you in the mid 20s. Also, if you have the inclination, a list of hands that you tend to raise with vs weak limpers would be nice as well because if there is one thing that 1/2 has plenty of it is 60% + limpers.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help given.

C-Dog

New001
09-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Those hand charts probably miss a lot of isolation raising. Look to isolate loose limpers, especially if you can get it heads up more often than not. Suited hands are better than unsuited in case people come along. If there's a really bad limper, and fairly tight/normal blinds, I'll raise things like most aces, especially suited, KT+, and maybe more depending on the player.

Silverback
09-03-2005, 05:35 AM
button raise 1st in Ax

Raise limpers if you can isolalate QTo,QJo,A9o,JTo kinda hands

09-03-2005, 06:17 AM
T9s, 98s raise from any position, smal pairs. any ace.
K8s+ raise from any position.

Silverback
09-03-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
T9s, 98s raise from any position, smal pairs. any ace.
K8s+ raise from any position.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao