PDA

View Full Version : I am sick...

durron597
09-03-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm watching Fox News' coverage of the conditions at the convention center and the superdome. I am sick. Tens of thousands of people are locked in these places, they cannot walk over a bridge into places with electricity and any hope. They are dying. I am sick. I have no friends or family at all in New Orleans, and I am starting to lose it. That is all.

Edge34
09-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the 376029th new thread about this...

durron597
09-03-2005, 12:16 AM
http://www.wkyc.com/assetpool/images/0591135942_1.jpg

http://www.wkyc.com/assetpool/images/059114033_2.jpg

istewart
09-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Is that Robert Duvall? WTF?

thatpfunk
09-03-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's the creepy shovel guy from home alone

CaptSensible
I'm sick about this too. Most of my friends and people I talk to don't seem to understand how devistating katrina was. They seem to perceive it as "another bad hurricane".
They dont know that cities have been wiped off the map.
Bush's reaction makes me just as ill. He should be impeached because of his lack of reaction to this tragic disaster.

istewart
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's the creepy shovel guy from home alone

[/ QUOTE ]

NAILED IT.

newfant
09-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Your not the only one, brother. This is terrible, terrible, terrible. On many levels.

On a side note, I usually don't pay much attention to Jesse Jackson, but he has said some pretty poignant things on CNN tonight. He's there in New Orleans and he's pretty much telling it like it is without a lot of hyperbole in my opinion. He's quite a contrast to the self-congratulatory douches in the federal government.

IronDragon1
09-03-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Polarizing political figure/entity makes idiotic comment in the face of tragedy to try to earn points with their supporters/media whore

Pope is catholic

Bear craps in woods

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Tragedy brings out everyone's true colors-and its been doing the same of these media whore types for quite some time now

jba
09-03-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Polarizing political figure/entity makes idiotic comment in the face of tragedy to try to earn points with their supporters/media whore

Pope is catholic

Bear craps in woods

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Tragedy brings out everyone's true colors-and its been doing the same of these media whore types for quite some time now

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that but are you kidding me have you seen this stuff??? six days in that hellhole are you kidding me?? can you freakin imagine

and even though it looks way better I seriously cannot believe they are going to try to have 10k+ people sleep on the floor of the astrodome for .... months???

this is unreal

jakethebake
09-03-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching Fox News' coverage of the conditions at the convention center and the superdome. I am sick. Tens of thousands of people are locked in these places, they cannot walk over a bridge into places with electricity and any hope. They are dying. I am sick. I have no friends or family at all in New Orleans, and I am starting to lose it. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an idea. How about if we each start our own thread saying this because there aren't enough threads on it already.

cadillac1234
09-03-2005, 12:53 AM
It seems like any reporter on the ground in NOLA is pretty much saying the same thing, 'Get these people out of here'.

Sheppard Smith's reaction was frickin incredible.

DeadMoneyOC
09-03-2005, 01:14 AM
My TV is always tuned into fox news. I think Shepard Smith is doing a great job reporting but I think geraldo is blowing lines every morning when he wakes up. That guy is outta control. All I can think of is the conan episode where he pwned him.

sexdrugsmoney
09-03-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching Fox News'

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are sick.

durron597
09-03-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching Fox News'

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what to say to you, especially when you claim to be so religious in the SMP forum. A thread about tens of thousands of people without food, water, in horrible, dirty conditions for days and you decide to take a potshot at my news source?

I suggest you take another look at your priorities.

jokerthief
09-03-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like any reporter on the ground in NOLA is pretty much saying the same thing, 'Get these people out of here'.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes me mad is the commentator's at the studio reaction to him. It's like "don't rock the boat" or "let's look at the positve side" when Shep is telling it how it is. This fiasco ought to be the biggest political scandal since watergate, IMO. Heads need to roll and the news channels need to get on board.

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes me mad is the commentator's at the studio reaction to him. It's like "don't rock the boat" or "let's look at the positve side" when Shep is telling it how it is. This fiasco ought to be the biggest political scandal since watergate, IMO. Heads need to roll and the news channels need to get on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

i watched part of the oreilly show, shepard smith really impressed me. oreilly is a huge douchebag.

bush disgusts me, and he has handled this so goddamn badly. where has he been. between fema, the white house, the no state governemnt, a bunch of people should be fired. a lot. its unreal, fly some goddamn helicopters to the superdome and give them supplies. there is no reason that there should be a shortage of troops on day 3. dead people should not be pililng up on the main streets this far into the event. i cant talk about this wihtout using the word mind boggling. where has the great leader president bush been? hes done [censored], hes talking about how trent lott is looking forward to rebuilding his house in mississippi. like i said, he disgusts me.

sexdrugsmoney
09-03-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching Fox News'

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what to say to you, especially when you claim to be so religious in the SMP forum. A thread about tens of thousands of people without food, water, in horrible, dirty conditions for days and you decide to take a potshot at my news source?

I suggest you take another look at your priorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never claimed to be "religious" per se.

Also my omission of:

"Oh no it's so awful/where is the government?/this makes me so angry etc"

... does not mean I don't care.

I just don't see why adding my version of the above for the umpteenth time makes any difference to the terrible situation in New Orleans.

Yet if I offended your sincerity, for that I apologize.

-SDM

durron597
09-03-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where has the great leader president bush been? hes done [censored], hes talking about how trent lott is looking forward to rebuilding his house in mississippi. like i said, he disgusts me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will preface this by saying that I don't think that President Bush has been doing a good job with his public face reaction.

But, honestly... this one's not his job. And Ray Nagin doesn't really have the authority to fix this one. This debacle is pretty much squarely Governor Blanco's fault (to the extent that it isn't Mother Nature's), and it seems like now, finally, everyone else is doing what they can to help.

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 09:43 AM
From an article I was reading: (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/)

Outrage broke out over the Internet Friday as pictures of a flooded parking lot in the city of New Orleans showed over one-thousand school buses parked in a locked area that many critics say that New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin could have used if he wanted to evacuate thousands of poor people from the inner-city.

Nagin was also widely criticized for helping tourists (many foreigners) who were staying at the upscale "W" hotel downtown, escape the hell of looting and death of the city, by sending down buses and having the hotel guests put at the head of the line of people who had been waiting for days at the Super dome under conditions that were severely below that of conditions at the "W". Nagin put the estimated 450 people on buses to the Astrodome in Houston, ahead of thousands who had suffered circumstances beyond comprehension.

Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco says that President Bush had called the night of August 27, urging the state to order evacuation and declaring it a state of emergency.

Gov. Blanco however did not federalize the order for National Guard troops to come into the city until the levee had broken on the 17th street canal, as well as not setting up a command team before the storm hit with satellite phones and other means to get word out about the situation downtown to officials outside the city.

<font color="green"> It looks like Bush suggested the right course of action, and Blanco failed to act. There are so many more state and local authorities present at the onset of a crisis, that a failure of those state authorities to act will cause chaos. It takes time for the feds to move in, and the failure of local authorities created a mess that the feds now have to fix. </font>