PDA

View Full Version : AK hits TPTK

09-03-2005, 12:01 AM
OK -- I have had a few hands lately holding AK putting in a nice sized raise preflop and being either heads up or 3 way in a pot and make a large (3/4 or potsized bet) and gotten lots of action (re-raise by villian) and where I've ended up pushing all-in and seeing that I am up against a set.

I am usually multitabling 10 person tables so I rarely have a good read on any players, however do any of you guys get a bad feeling about a hand like this and make the lay down?
At what point would this laydown be made?

Or should I just shut up and keep playing because this is part of poker and for the most part I have the best of it.

The real question is:
is making an occasional laydown -ev??

thx in advance

xcrack999
09-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Of course laying down TPTK sometimes isn't -EV, but I think what you're asking is too general to get the answer that you're looking for. Post some specific hands, and you'll get more informative replies than this.

jacknine
09-03-2005, 01:48 AM
I think it matters a lot if itīs your A or your K that pairs.

With a pair of AA K kicker Iīm often more carefull than with KK A kicker - just too many people out there play AXs against a raise and I donīt want to be losing a lot of money against a silly two pair.

ethan
09-03-2005, 04:06 AM
This is very dependent on the board texture (draw-free or not, or whether it's likely to have made someone 2 pair), stack size, your opponent, etc. Post some hands, this is the sort of thing where you'll benefit from more specific feedback.