PDA

View Full Version : Failing...

ggbman
09-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Ok, so my on and off gf are officially off right now. I just got into college, so this shouldn't be that bad a thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The thing is, we have been together for what seems like so long to me. (about a year and 3/4) I feel like I invested myself so much in the relationship, and it just seems surreal that it might not work out. The weird thing is, i have known for a while that we would need to be apart to see if what we had was really something special. I just can't bring myself to face the fact that sometimes my best efforts are not enough. I think what scares me as much as anything is that I have never fully invested myself so much in something that has failed. It's very scary. I'm used to being able to get what i want through just working at it, be it poker, grades, and previous relationships. The realization that this won't always work really is throwing me for a loop. Anyone else had a similar experience, or have any advice?

Gabe

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 10:54 PM
just consider it variance

edfurlong
09-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Kill her dog.

kurosh
09-02-2005, 10:58 PM
And this is where your burning hatred for women will begin to grow

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 11:09 PM
everyone thinks their highschool puppy love is the one forever. u think it's deep but it's just puppy love. after several beers, i talked to my high school girlfriend a couple of nights ago. we laugh about how sure we were that we'd be together. she's got two kids of her own now and one of her three ex-husband's name tattooed around her neck. find some hot college girl to bang and move on.

NobodysFreak
09-02-2005, 11:11 PM
they're all gold-digging prostitutes anyway. So my advice would be to get the best job you can and find the best gold-digging prostitute you can afford.

einbert
09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to face the fact that sometimes my best efforts are not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are some things in life you cannot control.

It's an extremely difficult lesson to learn, but the sooner you face up to this fact the better for you.

Mat Sklansky
09-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Watch "Bloodsucking freaks"

You will then feel the strength to move on.

I'll keep referencing this damn movie until one of you people gives it a review.

Alobar
09-02-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch "Bloodsucking freaks"

You will then feel the strength to move on.

I'll keep referencing this damn movie until one of you people gives it a review.

[/ QUOTE ]

this masterpiece? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077247/)

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 11:30 PM
watch kids instead.

BottlesOf
09-03-2005, 12:31 AM
No, because I never feel that I couldn't have done something better.

I also don't like the Black Eyed Peas and I want to get that out there.

09-03-2005, 01:02 AM
I'm reminded of the final scene in the 80s classic film "The Last American Virgin". As our hero Gary drives off in his pizza wagon, tears streaming down his face, realizing that all his efforts to woo young beauty Karen (paying for her abortion while father Rick is off skiing and banging bunnies, putting her up at his Grandma's house while she recovers, telling her how much he loves her) away from lothario Rick (played by the brother of Jonathan Antin, star of that Bravo hairdresser show), the opening lines of James Ingram's soul hit "Just Once" begin to play: "I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough...". Damn, now I'm crying!

jakethebake
09-03-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rick (played by the brother of Jonathan Antin, star of that Bravo hairdresser show)

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's funny.

09-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, the actor is Steve Antin, who banged around B-Movies for a while (Rapist #1 in the Pia Zadora epic "The Lonely Lady") and then directed a movie called "Inside Monkey Zetterland", which wasn't a bad flick. Then, he entered the witness relocation program after ratting out Paulie and Jimmy and was last seen grousing about the quality of the Italian food in Middle-America while wearing a bathrobe and smiling half-heartedly.

09-03-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And this is where your burning hatred for women will begin to grow if it hasn't already

[/ QUOTE ]

Manque
09-03-2005, 01:35 AM
It's my experience that relationships don't survive college. At the same time you should at least try to make it work, for at least then you will know that you made the right decision instead of wondering what might have been.

whodaman
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
ill call you tonight so we can catch up

Sponger15SB
09-05-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else had a similar experience

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, me and my girlfriend of the last 2+ years are currently on our 5th break up.

I have no advice though.

Augie
09-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Troma Films really came out with some beauties. Go here Bloodsucking Freaks (http://badmovies.org/movies/bloodsucking/index.html) to get a glimpse of this masterpiece.

And definately download the clip with the midget at the bottom of the page. Classic.

Augie

09-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Ive been dating a female for about 3 years, and we have literally broken up and gotten back together more than 20 times. It depends on the two people involved, and just cuz it might not be working today does not mean it cannot still work. You cannot predict the future, but if you feel like you are giving your all and it doesnt work, would you really want it to? College is a real test, im a junior and it is hard, but it does not get easier. When times are good tho, they are real good, and I still like her and do not want to move on. But the real story is how she and you have grown up and the important relationships that the two of you have had, that is why there are difficulties, at least in every relationship i know of. good luck

drexah
09-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Hang in there...i am leaving in two days for school (doing a post graduate year at a prep school about an hour away) and my gf of about 6 mo. is still going to be in high school here...even though it isn't college and i will be home for many weekends/breaks/etc. it still scares me to think that it might not work out (we've had the 'talk' and we both agreed to "put in our best effort" and try to make things work but also to just "see what happens" and be honest with eachother.) it would kill me for her to call me one day and say she did something stupid, which is weird because i'm the one leaving and you'd think id be more inclined to hook up with another chick but im gunna be working my ass off and i dont even think you party at prep school so we'll see what happens. btw, all of those quotes were things she said, sounded kinda sketchy to me but shes not a very upfront/conversational type of girl.