PDA

View Full Version : Poor people = worthless?

Cumulonimbus
09-02-2005, 09:29 PM
As this drama of the hurricane catastrophe unfolds on TV, my beliefs about the relationship between our government and poor people are being confirmed and solidified. In short, the leaders of governments HATE the poor people in our country. It's a recurring theme in history - poor people are a pain in the ass to any economy. The book The 48 Laws of Power talks about this - leaders just despise their poor. This is why it's the young and poor that are sent to war - it's generally the poor who don't go to college and consequently go looking for jobs in the military. They need something to fulfill that void, and if they can't afford college, then the military is perfect for a lot of them. <$30,000 a year is good enough for them, and good enough for our government. Following that train of thought, why do you think we use our troops like pawns in a chess game? The answer - war is the only thing that poor people are good for, to the government at least.

Watch the news and watch the funding from our government to hurricane support decrease as our funding for the war increases. Both examples result in more dead poor people. "The best way to deal with them is get rid of them!" Bullshit, eh? Yeah, my thoughts as well. Did you know that over 60 countries have offered aid for this catastrophe, and NOT ONE offer has been accepted by Bush yet. Can you think of any logical reason why? He wants the poor in New Orleans to suffer. Pure and simple. It may sound ruthless, but if you know anything about history and power in government, it should be 100% plain as day to you. Do some research into the history of the poor if you doubt. Peace.

leehrat
09-02-2005, 10:15 PM
inane, vapid, insipid remarks. not worthy of a rejoinder.

Iplayboard
09-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Saying that someone else's remarks aren't deserving of a reply is such a cop-out. Why make a post (using big words I might add) saying that it isn't worth your time to respond to the original post?

Cumulonimbus
09-02-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
inane, vapid, insipid remarks. not worthy of a rejoinder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those all mean the same thing. You could have just said my post was dull. I think your rejoinder, which my post was "not worthy" of, was even more dull. By the way, if you read it again, I didn't ask or inquire for an answer. I basically just blogged, allowing other people to speak up or just read and think about it if they want.

09-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I think your opinion is a bit too conspiritorial. While there is little doubt that the poor people are not high on a politician's list of priorities, suggesting that the President would rather see the people in New Orleans suffer and die than offer them help is quite foolish.

Cumulonimbus
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your opinion is a bit too conspiritorial. While there is little doubt that the poor people are not high on a politician's list of priorities, suggesting that the President would rather see the people in New Orleans suffer and die than offer them help is quite foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I understood that it would sound very conspiritorial (didn't know that was a word) when I posted it, but I still had to share my views. I was hoping somebody else could try to provide a better explanation than the one I provided, because to me, my explanation fits like a glove, besides the fact that it sounds brutal and conspiratorial . /images/graemlins/wink.gif

newfant
09-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Before this disaster, I would have scoffed at your post. But, given the federal government's slow response and the orders given to the military to shoot people trying to escape NO after the hurricane, I have to wonder if their isn't some truth to it.

Cumulonimbus
09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
I appreciate you for revealing your open-mindedness... I think there's a lot of people reading this, feeling the same as you do, but not responding.

09-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Poor people are the dreams of the powerful in America. In our modern economy, they are the slaves that do all the physical labor and the boring jobs. And yes they go to war.

If you want a conspiracy, read up on economic rationalization. Stripped of all the BS, it is the idea that if you keep poor people poor, they will work harder and produce more for the economy and thus the rich.

Cumulonimbus
09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poor people are the dreams of the powerful in America. In our modern economy, they are the slaves that do all the physical labor and the boring jobs. And yes they go to war.

If you want a conspiracy, read up on economic rationalization. Stripped of all the BS, it is the idea that if you keep poor people poor, they will work harder and produce more for the economy and thus the rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm yeah I'm gonna sleep on this, because economic rationalization sounds like it makes a lot of sense as well. Do you think the lack of aid in NO could be a result of E.R.?

BTW, if I don't respond, I might be gone for the night.

cardcounter0
09-02-2005, 11:46 PM
http://sunsite3.berkeley.edu/T-Shirts/bltaylor/eat_rich_skull.jpg

"Eat The Rich"

I've been down, I've been beat
I've been tossed into the street
Making nickels, begging dimes
Just to get my bottle of wine
Some say Life, she's a lady
Kind of soft, kind of shady
I can't tell you Life is rich
She's no lady, she's a bitch